Fios speed issues
silverado4x4
Contributor - Level 2

I have 30/30 internet speed plan now when I check with Verizon speed site iam getting that but if I check 4 other speed sites iam  getting 30down and only 7 up, does someone know why iam getting this big differance in my upload speed? Or is Verizons speed site rigged? 

0 Likes
Re: Fios speed issues
jonjones1
Legend

@silverado4x4 wrote:

I have 30/30 internet speed plan now when I check with Verizon speed site iam getting that but if I check 4 other speed sites iam  getting 30down and only 7 up, does someone know why iam getting this big differance in my upload speed? Or is Verizons speed site rigged? 

The speed test from places like speedtest.net are real world tests with downed hops to sites, congestion, etc.

The speed test going to Verizon’s servers are proprietary in that it’s basically a quick test from and to their server. The upload and download speeds can vary even from Verizon 

0 Likes
silverado4x4
Contributor - Level 2

I know what your saying but those same speed test sites I use to get close to 30/30 but not now for some reason.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@silverado4x4 wrote:

I know what your saying but those same speed test sites I use to get close to 30/30 but not now for some reason.

Like I said congestion and other factors which can vary ☹️

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

What browser are you using, and what are your computer specs? Are you connected Wired or wireless to your router?

0 Likes
silverado4x4
Contributor - Level 2

Windows 10 edge and iam wired

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you try another browser? Edge has been giving me a hard time since the Fall Creators Update with upload throughput. Microsoft *did* fix an annoying download speed issue Edge held with the Creator's Update though.

Firefox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer should help. Or if you have another device handy, check with one of those devices to see if upload rates are improved. http://www.testmy.net/ is a good resource.

0 Likes