Switch Account

Fios speed issues

Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Message 1 of 7
(917 Views)

I have 30/30 internet speed plan now when I check with Verizon speed site iam getting that but if I check 4 other speed sites iam  getting 30down and only 7 up, does someone know why iam getting this big differance in my upload speed? Or is Verizons speed site rigged? 

6 REPLIES 6
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 2 of 7
(906 Views)

@silverado4x4 wrote:

I have 30/30 internet speed plan now when I check with Verizon speed site iam getting that but if I check 4 other speed sites iam  getting 30down and only 7 up, does someone know why iam getting this big differance in my upload speed? Or is Verizons speed site rigged? 

The speed test from places like speedtest.net are real world tests with downed hops to sites, congestion, etc.

The speed test going to Verizon’s servers are proprietary in that it’s basically a quick test from and to their server. The upload and download speeds can vary even from Verizon 

Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Message 3 of 7
(884 Views)

I know what your saying but those same speed test sites I use to get close to 30/30 but not now for some reason.

Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 4 of 7
(882 Views)

@silverado4x4 wrote:

I know what your saying but those same speed test sites I use to get close to 30/30 but not now for some reason.

Like I said congestion and other factors which can vary ☹️

Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 5 of 7
(817 Views)

What browser are you using, and what are your computer specs? Are you connected Wired or wireless to your router?

Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Message 6 of 7
(789 Views)

Windows 10 edge and iam wired

Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 7 of 7
(744 Views)

Can you try another browser? Edge has been giving me a hard time since the Fall Creators Update with upload throughput. Microsoft *did* fix an annoying download speed issue Edge held with the Creator's Update though.

Firefox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer should help. Or if you have another device handy, check with one of those devices to see if upload rates are improved. http://www.testmy.net/ is a good resource.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.