Fios will be in your area very soon
Steve1002

I want to voice some feelings I have, not out of anger, but out of disappointment with Verizon. Perhaps others feel the same way. Maybe someone at Verizon will read this and make improvements that will help others.

Verizon seems to have forgotten that they have customers to whom they do not offer Fios who still subscribe to their other services. Many of whom have been loyal customers for years. I have been a Verizon customer for almost twenty years and I live in an area where Fios is not offered. Whenever I have spoken with Verizon customer service, including recently, they have emphatically assured me that Fios would be available in my area very soon. I was even given a specific date once. How long has Fios been available now? Still not here. I am sure there is a very good reason for it, but stop lying to your customers.

Also, about a year ago I discovered that I had been paying for the higher speed Wifi service and actually receiving the basic service for many months. Repeatedly for weeks Verizon told me they resolved the issue but each time I checked on it and they had not. When it was finally corrected I had to demand a credit for the months of over charges. After another week of demanding recompensation I was reluctantly given a partial month credit on my account, but even that pittance was never deducted from my bill. I remained a customer out of convenience, but I should have left then.

The Internet service that I receive is the best offered in my area by Verizon, but it is still not good beyond what I consider basic requirements. It is not even close to what their competition offers. For instance, if more than three devices are on wifi at the same time the signal goes red or drops. Since my needs are more than basic at this point I will finally be moving on to Gigabit service from another provider soon. I hope it will be a better experience.

One other thing I would like to mention is that practically everything on Verizon's site and in their advertising is geared towards Fios. That information is useless in those places where it is not offered. I am at the point where I am tired of hearing about it. On top of that, it makes it difficult to find the information needed by subscribers to the other services. It appears that Verizon has very little concern for anything other than Fios. 

0 Likes
Re: Fios will be in your area very soon
jonjones1
Legend

Too long to quote...

Verizon at this point in time is getting rid of their DSL customers and copper line phone customers in many areas. They have sold these non profit producing services to sale to Frontier or other buyers.

verizon sees wireless, fixed wireless and fiber optics as the future. However years ago Verizon felt it not necessary to further build out their Fios services. Broadband, tv or phone services. But seeing real competition in many areas Verizon has now started limited build out to many areas. So it will depend on first competition in your market and enough people interested in getting Fios services.

Verizon does not have to make all their services available if they see low profits or impossible install dates or non populated areas. It’s not good business sense.

eventually it may be available to you. If in the meantime there are other services I would look into it.