Firefox timing out and won't reconnect
Pugrider
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have done some searching on existing posts, and am not sure I have found a solution to my problem.

I am a new FIOS customer with land line, Internet and TV service.  I have the MI424WR Router.  All is well except the Internet connection.  I am running Windows XP service pack 3 with the latest version of Firefox.  After a few minutes of web browsing Firefox will time out trying to find a site, and will then not connect to any site.  If I end and restart Firefox it will not find the home web page.  If I then try to start Internet Explorer it to will not find a home page.  I have checked the Internet connection and it is still active.  The only way I can regain Internet connectivity is to reboot OR run my work VPN program.  When I do this I am able to establish a VPN connection and the web browsers will work.  If I then disconnect the VPN connection the browser will continue to work without issue.

So, is this a router issue?  A Windows issue?  What doesn't make sense to me is why I can establish a VPN connection but not a browser connection.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Pugrider

0 Likes
Re: Firefox timing out and won't reconnect
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

When this happens, right click on your network connection and select the "Repair" option. Then try your browser again. Let us know if this works, or if it doesn't. It will help narrow down the possibilities of what it could be.

0 Likes
Re: Firefox timing out and won't reconnect
Pugrider
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, I have tried this and it doesn't do anything - neither browser will connect to the home page.

Pugrider

0 Likes