Firmware upgrade
pcnerd
Contributor - Level 3

I have the Actiontec mi424wr rev. I. The current firmware version is 40.21.24. I looked around the Actiontec website & didn't see a download section. I read online that Verizon forbids firmware upgrades for the Actiontec.

I'm thinking about upgrading to the Quantum router. Does Verizon still support the Actiontec router? It still works.

When a newer protocol than 802.11ac comes out, can the quantum firmware be upgraded?

I read online that the quantum router is required for the TV One. Something about a hidden SSID or something like that. So, if I buy my own router, would it be compatible with the TV One?

Can I make installment payments on the quantum router?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Firmware upgrade
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

They do still support the Rev I router. Verizon has their firmware on there and they push out new firmware on their own. 

There are new 802.11 AX routers out there but that is hardware and they are very expensive.

The Quantum router can't be upgraded to AX. There are talks of a newer Quantum router to come but haven't heard any details. Hopefully it will be made with the new 802.11 AX.

The Quantum router is required for TV One although if everything is hardwired I'm sure there is away around it. There is no way around connecting via wifi. What you read is true there is a special SSID that they connect to wirelessly. 

If you are looking for better wifi it might be cheaper to connect a wireless access point to your existing Rev I and turn off it's wifi.

View solution in original post

Re: Firmware upgrade
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

They do still support the Rev I router. Verizon has their firmware on there and they push out new firmware on their own. 

There are new 802.11 AX routers out there but that is hardware and they are very expensive.

The Quantum router can't be upgraded to AX. There are talks of a newer Quantum router to come but haven't heard any details. Hopefully it will be made with the new 802.11 AX.

The Quantum router is required for TV One although if everything is hardwired I'm sure there is away around it. There is no way around connecting via wifi. What you read is true there is a special SSID that they connect to wirelessly. 

If you are looking for better wifi it might be cheaper to connect a wireless access point to your existing Rev I and turn off it's wifi.