Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you switch and bring your phone.

Fix Netflix or We Will Cancel Fios

toptek
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: Fix Nettling or We Will Cancel Bios

Message 31 of 61
(2,236 Views)

SO version I did not know you all were taking  this stand till today  when comcast   came to my house and tried to  sell me  there service, once again .   But from past  times they were So bad  from  CSS to no internet or no   TV for days, I had  them for all most 14 years till you all came  were I live , I knew what  fiber  could do then  I had  no contract with them and  dropped  them  fast for you all  have had nothing  but  good internet all  the time  with awesome  CSS  but now this and next year when my contract run outs I was goanna up my speeds to 150 /65 from 75 /35 

SO, I did some  searching   to see how  much what he tried  to sell me was  true .. He did not tell me  about  netflix, I found  that on my own  but that explains a lot , over the  last  few weeks why for no good  reason netflix just stops . I honestly  thought   it was a  issues you all were  having or Sony messing up, I use a one of there  DVD players  that runs   by  them first   because it was happening with  Amazon  and  Hull  and some with VUDU  but with VUDU it seems it was them, they fixed it with in days.. after  i run some  test everything seemed fine . So I gave it no mind  and right now it is working OK,  ..I guess 

Now  like I told the  CSS Rep  for comcast  IM goanna wait it out after looking  over what he told me .... I all most sighed  up to ,  but me being me did some searching  because some of what he told me was  questionable like no cap's  or meter  limits  but what I found out  wasn't  true from  he said ( but its his JOb ,he has to sell it )   and only way I would know for sure, is  sigh up .. ..

During those  searchesI also found on Friday  netflix and comcst came to some  kind of  agreement ,

What's your take on it  ? ,

are we  lost to higher Prices becasue of  greed  ? 

is it time to move on  ? 

do you all  care ?

I'l  be honest  redbox suxes  , I'm being nice ...

My DVD player does not support it to start with I'm not going out and  buy a new one, So I can watch  movies on my  TV and not my  PC   or hock my PC to my TV  that's  just wrong and lame to me, i hate it. . sense MY DVD is not even two years old, they said  they  have no plans to support it ... 😞 

even thu it is  becoming out dated,  sony still up dates it alot  software wise ,no firmware updates for a 4 month  but its wroking fine .

and 

Other things I they do, I don't like, reminded of why I don't use blockbuster any more ...

Just my thought you may lose  customers like me  if you all don't step back and look  at the  big Picture .. right now  i have no  plans of going back to comast ever  ( that's  how  bad i had for 10 of those 14 years once they bought in high speed  internet it was   ) .

A year from now who knows. they  may give me a offfer , i can't refuse ..

sense most of what he told me was  truth all but the part about  no caps and  metter  limits .. i could not  find anything that confirmed  they don't any more , even if  it say's   unlimited others said it  is stil may have a l cap at 250 GB  per month.

SO please  tell us you are working on it  and do care,  not just  how  much  you can  make off  it. 

if that is  the case .

rbartzjr
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Fix Netflix or We Will Cancel Fios

Message 32 of 61
(2,181 Views)

*signed*

working4buddha
Contributor
Contributor

Message 33 of 61
(2,131 Views)

SIGNED

I am planning on subscribing to HBO when Game of Thrones starts. I figure that instead of giving Verizon more money, I can get a deal with Comcast for free HBO for a few months, which will offset some of my FiOS cancellation fees. 

I was a Comcast customer for many years, Verizon gave me a better deal, and service was fine until this recent debacle. I watch Netflix every night, usually after 11pm, and quality has varied from poor to average and only occasionally looks as good as it did last year. 

PSMD410
Contributor
Contributor

Message 34 of 61
(2,114 Views)

Signed.

And just a FYI if you haven't seen. Verizon CEO wants people who stream services and do online gaming to pay more. Because the price is pay already just isn't enough.

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/verizon-broadband-costs-could-go-up-2014-2

toptek
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 35 of 61
(2,103 Views)

I  saw that i mean   are they  that greedy ... i mean is he planing on buying a boat that sails for ever or a  jet like  the  series shield has ..

What the hell does he mean  by (  excuse that word and warn me  but i have to put it that way . ).

It’s only natural that the heavy users help contribute to the investment to keep the Web healthy,” McAdam explained during the call

what a  150 a month is not enough and some pay more . guess he wants the ones paying 150 to Pay 300 and the one paying 300 to pay 600  and what happen when he thinks he needs more to live even better , jack thing's  up again ..

Sorry, that's the feeling i get his life style atm it not good enough he wants us to pay for it .

I need to start watching this stuff more i had no idea thiings  were getting  this bad til comcast tried to sell me again ..

geotv
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 36 of 61
(2,087 Views)

SIGNED!  Every night at 9pm on the dot my netflix shuts down no matter what I am watching and from that point forward its stops every five minutes to load for another 15.  GRRRRRRRRRRRR My wife and I agree the rabbit ears and tin foil were less of a headache than this as that was free and the picture quality on UHF was actually better.  A little snow is better than garbled garbage for 150 bucks a month

optivity
Silver Contributor I
Silver Contributor I

Message 37 of 61
(2,080 Views)

"And just a FYI if you haven't seen. Verizon CEO wants people who stream services and do online gaming to pay more. Because the price is pay already just isn't enough."

There is no way I will allow Verizon to beat me up for more than the $200 per month I'm paying to stream Netflix video, etc., when I have a 35 Mbps Internet connection.

Verizon got their way, short term, because I suspended my account with Netflix last night.

However, I will only put up with so much and if pushed hard enough, believe me, I will go back to Time Warner Cable.

I'm also paying another $140 per month for Verizon Wireless service. I still have (1) year left on my contract but trust me I have a long memory.

We should all switch to a different Cable/Internet provider for a few months and see how Verzion likes that.

Namronorman
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 38 of 61
(2,073 Views)

@optivity wrote:

"And just a FYI if you haven't seen. Verizon CEO wants people who stream services and do online gaming to pay more. Because the price is pay already just isn't enough."

There is no way I will allow Verizon to beat me up for more than the $200 per month I'm paying to stream Netflix video, etc., when I have a 35 Mbps Internet connection.

Verizon got their way, short term, because I suspended my account with Netflix last night.

However, I will only put up with so much and if pushed hard enough, believe me, I will go back to Time Warner Cable.

I'm also paying another $140 per month for Verizon Wireless service. I still have (1) year left on my contract but trust me I have a long memory.

We should all switch to a different Cable/Internet provider for a few months and see how Verzion likes that.

I do not know if t-mobile would work for your situation or not, but I do believe they are buying out contracts from AT&T and Verizon. It's something to look into if t-mobile would work for you.

optivity
Silver Contributor I
Silver Contributor I

Message 39 of 61
(2,065 Views)

Thanks for that information. If I dump Verizon for Time Warner I should look at t-mobile for an alternative also.

I'm an old fogey so maintaining high-speed Internet access w/my smart phone isn't a BIG deal to me.

PSMD410
Contributor
Contributor

Message 40 of 61
(1,991 Views)

@optivity wrote:

Thanks for that information. If I dump Verizon for Time Warner I should look at t-mobile for an alternative also.

I'm an old fogey so maintaining high-speed Internet access w/my smart phone isn't a BIG deal to me.

Not sure if you saw this but Time Warner was bought by Comcast.

http://money.cnn.com/2014/02/13/technology/comcast-time-warner-cable-deal/

I did also read something interesting that the net neutrality ruling allows Verizon to charge more but when Comast bought NBC and Time Warner they had to agree to net neutrality rules and can't do what verizon CEO wants to do. 

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title