Florida Fios Download Speed
atennimon

During the last week or two, I have noticed a tremendous reduction in download speed.  Using 25/25 fios with the 9100em router.

Unplugged everything, turned off,  plugged back in and turned back on and still slower than molasses.

We are wireless on everything, did optimization, even ran speedtest.net through iphone, all very slow.

What has happened?

My first solution was to find the firmware, however, I cannot find the URL for it to upgrade from

Firmware Version: 1.03.00.08   Model Name: A90-9100EM15-10

Is this the latest firmware?  what is the url needed?

Anyway, I am getting .68mbs and 7 upload.  This has never happened...

Any help would be appreciated...thank you

0 Likes
Re: Florida Fios Download Speed
cjacobs001
Contributor - Level 3

"We are wireless on everything.." 

since wireless is already slower than wired and also affected by SOOOooo much more than wired, attempt to determine whether or not its the wireless service or your ISP,  try a wired connection to see what speeds you are experiencing and then let us know.

atennimon

Thanks for the suggestion, and it is official the hard wire produces the same results as the wireless.  Slower than molasses.

After reading several posts, I will do the reset at the box in the garage by unplugging the battery and seeing if the easy fixes will work.

...............did that too and same slow result. 

Will verizon actually admit they are having issues and fix what has been a stellar performance for a 2 years with the same router.

Does anyone have the answer to the firmware update and the url address that is needed?

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Verizon Firmware Updates

Make sure if you are using a Generation 1 or Gen 2 Router, and choose wisely....

Also - what makes you think it's an area wide problem?  do you have other friends with the same issue? or have heard of other reports?