Re: Forum access is no longer possible using Residential Userid and Password
viafax
Contributor - Level 1

probably should ask the IT department what they did to fix this issue the last time they created it.  Basically it's obvious that the Single Sign On process has got out of synch which is exactly what happened back in May of 2010.  Seem to remember it took a week or so to resolve it then too.

{edited for privacy}

0 Likes
justin9875
Enthusiast - Level 2

@Nilsa_VZ wrote:

Hello Justin,

I'm sorry to hear you are having this issue. Please note, Brittany forwarded your email to the team and we were able to identify the problem which our IT Department has been working on. The fix is currently scheduled for 1/26.

Thank you for your patience.

Nilsa

Thanks Nilsa. I am having withdrawal problems..... Smiley Very Happy

0 Likes
Nilsa_VZ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Just wanted to keep you updated on the account access issue. The fix scheduled for tonight 1/26 has been moved to tomorrow night, 1/27. Please try on Wednesday, 1/28 and let me know if you still are seeing the same issue. Once again, we apologize for this inconvenience.

Verizon Logo
Nilsa
Community Manager

Community Manager
Community Manager II
0 Likes
viafax
Contributor - Level 1

Still not working as of 10am Eastern 1/28

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks viafax. We will take this back to Verizon for investigation.

0 Likes
Nilsa_VZ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Update: Please be advised the team fixing the account access issue encountered a problem last night pushing the fix for tonight. Please check your account access tomorrow.

We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience.

Verizon Logo
Nilsa
Community Manager

Community Manager
Community Manager II
0 Likes
viafax
Contributor - Level 1

Hmm, wonder who marked this as solved.  I thought the only person who could do that is the person who raised the issue.  That was me and I didn't accept a resolution and it certainly is not solved for me.

As of now it has changed.  Just attempted to sign on with resedential user id and password and got prompted for profile details.  Having entered those it then told me the userid and password credentials were incorrect and offered me the option of resetting the password.

Am I meant to do that?  The last time I did that it reset the password OK and then logged me on to the residential account.  However it still wouldn't allow me to logon the forums with the residential account.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@viafax wrote:

@ElizabethS wrote:

There appears to have been a cookie issue but that was resolved.  Please keep trying with your original ID, and if it hasn't resolved by Monday, let us know.

Still not working.

They did finally make changes they think should solve it for you.   Not sure if you should reset your password or not. 

0 Likes
justin9875
Enthusiast - Level 2

viafax, I just tried to log in and saw the same thing you did.

0 Likes
viafax
Contributor - Level 1

@Justin2 wrote:

viafax, I just tried to log in and saw the same thing you did.

Yes, I'm still getting the same error too.

Though it's different now to what it was before.  Originally it said the credentials were wrong and gave you an option to reset the password which actually sent you to the resedentail id password reset.  Now there is no option presented to reset the password on the forum logon

0 Likes