Re: Forum access is no longer possible using Residential Userid and Password
viafax
Contributor - Level 1

@viafax wrote:

@Justin2 wrote:

viafax, I just tried to log in and saw the same thing you did.

Yes, I'm still getting the same error too.

Though it's different now to what it was before.  Originally it said the credentials were wrong and gave you an option to reset the password which actually sent you to the resedentail id password reset.  Now there is no option presented to reset the password on the forum logon

I wasn't  thinking, the reset password option is still in the same place.

I selected it and said I'd forgotten my password, was challenged for anser to secret question, that was accetped and then I was prompted to enter a new password.  Did that and was then present with the My Verizon signon scree which worked fine with new password so tyhen tried to logon with said id as the residentail id and password, shown a screen for profile update and the told that the id and password combo was incorrect.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hang in there. Verizon is working on it.

0 Likes
justin9875
Enthusiast - Level 2

@ElizabethS wrote:

Really? Not very rapidly. This is ridiculous.

0 Likes
viafax
Contributor - Level 1

@Justin2 wrote:

@ElizabethS wrote:

Really? Not very rapidly. This is ridiculous.

I second that.  Nearly 3 weeks now.  The fact that it happened in the first place is bad but most companies would have roiled back the change immediately the error was reported and then implemented some better testing procedures of the fix before trying again.

0 Likes
Nilsa_VZ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Update:

We sincerely apologize for the account access issues you are still experiencing. There were a couple of different issues which were identified and fixed, however, we are still debugging the last issue to find a fix for it. Please understand we are working very hard to fix this issue as quickly as possible. We value you and your contributions and deeply apologize for all the inconvenience this has caused. Thank you for your patience.  

Verizon Logo
Nilsa
Community Manager

Community Manager
Community Manager II
0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

Well what do you know, today, 2/5, I can now log in as myself again. GREAT! Thanks to all who worked to get this fixed, at least for me. And on top of this, I got the update to Quantum TV overnight, at least on the surface appears much improved.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes
Nilsa_VZ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Update on the account access issues:

We have been working really hard on identifying and fixing the issues reported by affected users. We have fixed the issues that were uncovered, however, if anyone else reports a similar problem please notify me immediately and I will address it.

We sincerely apologize for the account access issues you experienced. Your patience has been greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Verizon Logo
Nilsa
Community Manager

Community Manager
Community Manager II
0 Likes
viafax
Contributor - Level 1

@Justin wrote:

Well what do you know, today, 2/5, I can now log in as myself again. GREAT! Thanks to all who worked to get this fixed, at least for me. And on top of this, I got the update to Quantum TV overnight, at least on the surface appears much improved.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

Do you still get that profile update screen at sign on?

My logon still isn't working.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@viafax wrote:

Do you still get that profile update screen at sign on?

My logon still isn't working.

Yes I still get the Profile screen, have no idea why, but at least I can now login as me. But it took a lot of email interaction with Nilsa before Verizon and Lithium finally got my login working. You might try emailing her, she was very (very!) responsive and helpful.

Update: Nilsa has just informed me that I am getting the Profile screen because what has been done so far is a temporary fix and they expect to have a permanent fix applied next Wed. or Thurs. night.

Justin

0 Likes
eljefe
Enthusiast - Level 3

I hadn't seen the problem described in this thread until this morning.  Now I can't sign in with my Residential Userid.  

When I try to sign in I may get the profile page but I can't complete it without various errors, including "Error in registering User:  This Email is already registered."  D'uh Smiley Frustrated 

I was able to sign in to the home page with my usual residential creds, but after navigating to support/forums I still can't sign in with the same residential ID and PW.

Guess it's time to take a little vacation from the forums until this problem gets worked out.

0 Likes