Fourth disconnection from FiOS internet service in five days
StemCeller

I have been with FiOS for at least four years. I had never causing connection problem been very stable and reliable. However, I experienced internet disconnection four times for the last five days while FiOS TV and telephone were still working well. Each time the trouble shooting guide, you know, turning on and off, didn't work so I had to call Verizon. The representatives made me plug the router off and back on, reset it with a paper clip, or even go downstairs to disconnect the ONT from all power sources(wall outlet and backup battery). You know what? They just needed to reset my service on their side, not my side. How can it be disconnected four times in the past five days, while nothing happened for the previous four YEARS??? I tried to give them an idea to trouble shoot but they didn't listen to me carefully and were just following their protocols. This morning, FiOS internet was disconnected and the router's internet LED was solid amber or orange. I had to go to work so I was not able to call Verizon. I will try after work tonight.

One suspicion is VERIZON BLOCKS TORRENT TRANSACTIONS. Does any body knows about this? We know what happened to Comcast due to such blocking. Hope to hear any idea. Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Fourth disconnection from FiOS internet service in five days
srfios1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same problem.  I had at least 4 disconnects just this morning.  My kids are trying to watch Netflix over Wii.   It seems to be happening after some time of watching Netflix.   But it could just be a coincidence.  I'm running an ActionTec router MI424-WR Rev. D.

0 Likes
bruno21

After replacing my old Dlink router which, frankly, never disconnected me in 4 years, the new Actiontec (on my second one in a month) has disconnected four times in the past month and will not reconnect unless I manually reboot.  This needs to be fixed.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Perhaps a small/tiny NAT table in the router

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/16233

?

0 Likes