Fraudulent renewal/billing practices
Shirin1

I have fios internet with tv bundle contract for 2 years (10 months have left from the contract). I used to pay around %65 per month for my services. 2 month ago I contacted verizon and cancelled my HBO and SHOWTIMES services (January 18 2017). and my last bill reduced to $57.49. but, since March my contract has gone up to $85. I contacted verizon this morning and the rep told me the bundles' price has gone up. I asked so WHAT IS THE MEANING OF HAVING A CONTRACT?? she replied I understand your feeling. Realy??? I asked if I can cancel my contract but she said I have to pay cancelation fee. So how we can not breach the contract but Verizon can??? I have saved all the conversation and filling a compaint through https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=38824. Anyone has the same problem please, fill a complaint and don't let these companies robb us. This is exactly like Wells Fargo scandal. It is a new practice by corporations. 

0 Likes
Re: Fraudulent renewal/billing practices
jonjones1
Legend

@Shirin wrote:

I have fios internet with tv bundle contract for 2 years (10 months have left from the contract). I used to pay around %65 per month for my services. 2 month ago I contacted verizon and cancelled my HBO and SHOWTIMES services (January 18 2017). and my last bill reduced to $57.49. but, since March my contract has gone up to $85. I contacted verizon this morning and the rep told me the bundles' price has gone up. I asked so WHAT IS THE MEANING OF HAVING A CONTRACT?? she replied I understand your feeling. Realy??? I asked if I can cancel my contract but she said I have to pay cancelation fee. So how we can not breach the contract but Verizon can??? I have saved all the conversation and filling a compaint through https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=38824. Anyone has the same problem please, fill a complaint and don't let these companies robb us. This is exactly like Wells Fargo scandal. It is a new practice by corporations. 

However you must read your contract. If you did you would find thee price increases after the first year (You lose certain discounts from year 1) and then it states the complete price you will pay after the 2 years are up.

Complaining about something you did not read fully or understand is not a cause to look to crusade for others to complain.

I will assume you called 1-800-VERIZON?

You might want to ask verizon at this link:  https://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzdirect

However be polite and know exactly what your contract states, costs after each year and maybe a copy of all billing invoices showing what increased and or decreased and why.

0 Likes
Re: Fraudulent renewal/billing practices
DDavis21

Happened the same with me. What the representative says is what the company says. The contract is technical law and should guarantee what was agreed between the parties (consumer and company), nothing more or less. Other than that may be considered illegal. Don't get me wrong, I like the Verizon representatives,  they are polite and nice. I hope the company don't do to them what they're doing to the consumers.

0 Likes