Free upgrade to 75/75 mbps
eugene491
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just got an email from Verizon saying they’ve upgraded my speed from 50/50 to 75/75 at no charge to me. What’s the catch? How long does this last? Is their some point where they’ll want me to start paying for it? Can I go back to my 50/50 if I don’t want to pay extra?

0 Likes
Re: Free upgrade to 75/75 mbps
jonjones1
Legend

First don’t call to change it back. That will leed to a world of trouble.

save the email or take a screen shot of the “free upgraded speed” note that often times “free” is not free forever. Could they raise your rates in the future. Yes. Will they? Probably sometime in the future.

remember the old “limited, unlimited data” the cellular companies were pushing.

its all suggestive.

0 Likes
eugene491
Enthusiast - Level 2

Can they force me to pay extra to keep it. If they want to start charging me for it can I go back to my original 50/50 speed? I never ask for this change 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

I already answered this question.

0 Likes
Why is Verizon messing with my account?
eugene491
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you look under Shop Plans in My Fios app you see a box showing your current bundle. The total for my bundle (triple play) only is $119. I still have 7 months on my contract. But 2 days ago Verizon gave me a free speed upgrade from 50/50 to 75/75. This came out of nowhere, I never asked for it. Since then when I look on Shop Plans my current bundle shows the 75/75 speed but the triple play total has changed from $119 to $169! Does this mean my bill next month is going up $50. What in the world is going on here? How do I get this fixed?

0 Likes
Re: Why is Verizon messing with my account?
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi eugene49,

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please contact Verizon Support at 1-800-VERIZON during normal business hours for questions about your bill.

0 Likes
eugene491
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have contacted people via chat but they were no help. They didn’t know what I was talking about. Are you able to escalate this question to a Verizon representative. How does that work 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

The moderator told you where to call. 1-800-VERIZON

why are you ignoring advice when given. Are you having browser issues?

0 Likes
eugene491
Enthusiast - Level 2

Excuse me for asking a question. 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

For billing issues, you generally need to phone in so that your call can be directed to the billing department.