Frequent disconnects (reuse_lease 25% threshold)
gregsey1987

I have an issue with disconnecting while "of course", gaming. When I check my system logging within my router (ISP-Verizon Fios), I keep seeing this message NON-STOP.

reuse_lease: lease age 9193 (secs) under 25% threshold, reply with unaltered, existing lease for 192.*******

What can I do here? What does this mean?

0 Likes
Re: Frequent disconnects (reuse_lease 25% threshold)
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

This log message relates to DHCP, and shows that the router is replying to a DHCP Renewal or DHCP Request from a device that has the IP address which is blotted out. The 25% threshold means that 25% of the time has passed from when the lease was initially given, and has 75% left to go before the DHCP server on the router considers the IP Address lease to be "expired" and able to be offered to another client device. Typically, devices will renew their IP address lease when the lease is 50% through. Some may choose to do the renewal process sooner or later. But, if the threshold hits 100% and the lease expires, a renewal may cause DHCP to issue a new IP, which can cause disconnects.

Are you wired in or are you using Wi-Fi?

0 Likes
gregsey1987

Hello,

I have tried both wireless and wiring direct to the router, but have the same exact each with both. I've also tried connecting directly to through the wall and am still experiencing disconnects, though much less frequent.

0 Likes
gregsey1987

I retract my previous statement, i'm now being disconnected every 5-10 minutes non-stop. This is insane, and i'm connected directly through the wall, no router.

0 Likes