Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Frequent internet disconnections

Am3692
Contributor
Contributor

Frequent internet disconnections

Message 1 of 4
(5,241 Views)

I reported this issue with Verizon a while back ago, every few minutes, my internet stops allowing new connections (if I am already connected to specific sites/applications/servers, I can still use it, but can't access new sites). Before it was hourly, but today, I get my connections dropped every few minutes. Verizon came in with tech support two weeks ago, and were unable to diagnose the problem, so they just replaced everything (Router, ONT, cabling). Verizon claims that their side is working just fine, that it's my side is the issue, but I can't see how it's possible. Four computers with different OSs and 4 consoles can't connect to the internet at random periods of time, so it can't possibly be a hardware or a software issue on ALL devices.

Is it possible that the problem resides outside my house? This problem is getting highly frustrating, as I have to restart my router everytime it occurs for the internet to function properly.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Hubrisnxs
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Frequent internet disconnections

Message 2 of 4
(5,209 Views)

is it a mixture of wireless and wired machines?  or all wireless?  

if they replaced the ont and the home router, and the cabling on top of that, then they have isolated A LOT of their network.   

head end trouble would manifest itself with multiple customers usually.   I had a major problem once when I had to call in they were able to check the outside ONT, and i guess it reports alarms to them.    if you have to call back in you should ask if they can check that i guess.   Also on the forums here, we have seen where one bad nic card can cause an issue for the whole house, and we have seen where having a vista OS or a windows 7 OS, have taken out the whole house too,  so it would be good if we could get more info.

VZ_Brian
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Message 3 of 4
(5,069 Views)
Are you using the Actiontec router? 

Brian K
Verizon Telecom
Fiber Solution Center

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supercede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

Telcoguru
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 4 of 4
(5,040 Views)
Are you using Steam or a torrent?
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.