Switch Account

Frequently Dropped Internet

Frequently Dropped Internet

Contributor chapie
Contributor
Message 1 of 2
(474 Views)

Anyone else have issues with their Fios Internet dropping out?
I have had this issue since I've had Fios but I thought it was other things. At one point I noticed it because I was getting dropped from online gaming but I stopped playing as much so I never really followed up.  Then my laptop would lose connection and then reconnect but I always thought it was the wifi card in my laptop.

I finally ddumped Fios crappy router and got my own because I decided to switch to Internet Streaming TV now that the kids moved out and I don't need as much.

Now it's really noticable because I lose my TV constantly.  I watch my router and it is the actual internet coming in that gets dropped. it's not the router, because I tried 2 different ones and the same thing happens.

it drops out, i lose connection to everything for about 2 minutes and it reconnects.

I even had a new line dropped from the pole a few years ago and it's the same thing.

I'm fed up with this, I'm actually thinking of going back to Crapcast if this doesn't stop, soemthing I vowed to never do.

Anyone else have similar issues and find a solution?

1 REPLY 1
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 2 of 2
(372 Views)

Someone else has a simular issue to yours.

https://forums.verizon.com/t5/Fios-Internet/ONT-disconnecting-and-reconnecting-from-internet/td-p/88...

I wonder if they are related.

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.