Frequently Lose connection to internet
HughB
Enthusiast - Level 2

About two weeks ago, my FIOs router (Verizon branded) was showing an amber "internet" light with no connectivity to the internet. All wireless devices connected fine to the router, but no connect to the WAN After spending about an hour on the phone (resetting router multiple times, etc), the Verizon rep opened a trouble call and someone from the "network" dept fixed the problem. Internet stayed up for about 36 hours and then had the same problem. This time the problem was fixed by "resetting the cross connects" (your rep's words). Now, one week later (today), internet is down again and this time there's are no 'internet" or "Coax WAN" lights illuminated. Tried multiple router resets with no improvement. This is getting tiresome. My internet connection has been rock-solid until two weeks ago and since the "fixes" are always at the Verizon end, it seems to me that either you have an inexperienced tech who's screwing with something (or you guys have done something goofy with your configuration) , or a piece of equipment at the Verizon end that is going bad. Either way, I don't have the time or patience to sit on the phone for an hour or more every week or so to let you guys know that you broke my connection.

0 Likes
Re: Frequently Lose connection to internet
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases".  You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.  This should be checked on a frequent basis  as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Frequently Lose connection to internet
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We have closed your case out. We'll continue working on your issue on the other medium.

- Jose_VZ

0 Likes