Frontier Communications
CJ1056

Is this true?

Important Changes to Your Verizon Internet Service

Dear Verizon Online Member,

We are writing to let you know that starting July 1, 2010, your Internet service provider will change from
Verizon to Frontier Communications, one of the nation’s largest independent providers of
telecommunications services.

What will not change:

• You will not experience any disruption of service.
  • Your service fee will stay the same.
  • You will still have the same great high speed connection you do now!

What will change:

• Your Verizon.net email.  Starting July 1, you’ll need to access your email at
    http://webmail-pn.ncnetwork.net.  Frontier is planning to let you know when your email will
    transition over to Frontier.  Please write down your verizon.net user name and password and
    keep them in a safe place
    , as you will need this information later in order to successfully access
    your email at Frontier.

For more information, click on Frontier’s Frequently Asked Questions link below.

Frequently Asked Questions

Thank you for using Verizon Internet service.  It has been our pleasure to serve you

Sincerely,
Verizon Online Member Service

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Frontier Communications
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Eliza1, if you haven't already, it may be a good idea to visit DSLReports and post in their Frontier Communications forum. This is a Verizon support forum, so we can help you with issues considering the situation to an extent. I do visit the Frontier forum at DSLReports and I actively post in it, so be expectant to see me around there 🙂

Anyhow, besides Frontier's Customer Service phone number and contacting their regional managers, there's really not a heck of a lot that can be done through other means.

View solution in original post

lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

There is indeed a deal whereby Verizon recently agreed to sell some portions of it's land line business (and I believe also some of it's broadband / fios) to Frontier communications -- largely in "rural" areas / states I believe.   You can find reports on the deal on various financial sites as well as in the business/investor sections of Verizon's and Frontier's web sites.

spacedebris
Master - Level 2

yes, the Verizon sale to Frontier was approved and set to finalize on July 1.

0 Likes
Eliza11
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was calling today to simply find out when my internet bill is due.

Frontier has TERRIBLE phone service advocates and I was not happy at all in any way shape or form. People got snippy with me and one man even started yelling That is NOT good customer service. I had to go through 11 different advocates in order for SOMEONE to answer my simple question. The person who came to set up my service at my house forgot to sign off on something and that's the WHOLE reason I even had to call.

Also, if this company doesn't have a hold procedure, you need to invest in one. Because every time someone put me on hold today, they didn't even tell me they were putting me on hold, and I was just kind of left there. I work at a call center (for a bank) myself and I know what good customer service is. I kept being transferred to probably every department you people have and FINALLY a woman answered my question.

In closing, Frontier is not a place I would recommend to ANYONE.

Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

This is a Verizon forum.  Any issues you have with Frontier can not be resolved here.

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Eliza1, if you haven't already, it may be a good idea to visit DSLReports and post in their Frontier Communications forum. This is a Verizon support forum, so we can help you with issues considering the situation to an extent. I do visit the Frontier forum at DSLReports and I actively post in it, so be expectant to see me around there 🙂

Anyhow, besides Frontier's Customer Service phone number and contacting their regional managers, there's really not a heck of a lot that can be done through other means.

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes