Frontier account setup - failed to link to Verizon
bbinnard
Contributor - Level 3

Customers in CA, TX, FL can now set up their Frontier account at meetfrontier.com.  Doing this requires 2 steps:

1. Setting up your Frontier asccount

2. Linking your Frontier account to Verizon.

Step 1 is not so bad - you give email, phone number, and password (8 characters with upper & lower caseletters, numbers.) They send a verification email link.  Pretty standard stuff. In my case they wanted both landline phone & cell phone, and I had to respond to a text message to verify my cell number.

Step 2 failed becuase they said "No matching Billing Account Number found" when  I entered my Verizon account info.  Note that you have to give the full 12 digit (or maybe 10) Verizon account number which I finally found on the screen showing my bill at the lower left corner. I copied/pasted the account number but the Frontier site still said it could not find my Verizon account.  

I'll try again in the morning - maybe all the linkages aren't really there yet.

0 Likes
Re: Frontier account setup - failed to link to Verizon
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Setup worked for me using Firefox.  Failed completely with internet explorer.  I used only the phone number for verication.  EMAIL alone failed, and the account number it wants is a frontier one not your Verizon one.  Obviously until you successfully setup you don't know your Frontier account number.

Lots of the functions don't work even though they appear such as setting up autopay and paperless billing.  Hopefully everything will start working eventually

0 Likes
bbinnard
Contributor - Level 3

These are the instructions on the meetfrontier site:

1. Your email address that you have on file with Verizon
  2. Your billing telephone number from Verizon
  3. Your billing account number that you can find on your Verizon bill

So it is the Verizon account  number that's needed - which makes sense to me since I expect they will want to import some data from Verizon. 

But of course I could be totally wrong.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

I signed up yesterday. Took a little trial and error to get it done.

I did NOT provide a cell phone number because when you do that it requires you to agree to accept calls from Frontier and others - NO WAY! And I did wonder how I could use a Frontier account number when I didn't have one, but you have several other options and I used something different, and got it set up just fine. I do have a Digital Voice home phone, used that for verification. But a little problem with that - I use NOMOROBO to block autodial calls, apparently Frontier's phone number is in the NOMOROBO block list, failed to catch the call the first time, had to do a resend, picked up during first ring and got the authorization code.

I used Firefox, don't know if that made any difference, did not try any other browser. 

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)
Soon to be a Frontier FiOS customer

0 Likes
Potentate

They may indeed have server issues, I wasnt able to log into the site at MeetFrontier or the main website. it states a server error. I anticipate saturation of the site to multiply at the end of the business day.

0 Likes
bbinnard
Contributor - Level 3

My problem was that, for some unknown reason, Verizon had an old,disconnected FAX number as my account phone #. I'm not sure how the Frontier people figured this out, but after I used that number I was able to get the link completed OK.

Good point about the cell # - if I start getting cell  calls fromFrontier I'll take that # out.  Also, I have NoMoRobo too (love it!) but I was able to get the Frontier authorization call OK - I answered on the 2nd ring.

0 Likes
Potentate

This just in from Frontier's help desk concerning the account link up, Verizon/Frontier where the account access drop down only gives one option for a telephone number probably not associated with your account(s). At least it wasnnt for mine. I only gives an option for ###-###-##51 to receive the access code. I did a live chat and was given this info:

[Denisse] I really do apologize about this, they have confirmed that this is an issue they are aware of, and they are working on getting the online accounts being updated and fixed. Please contact us back in on the week of the first, so that we have more of your account information with Frontier so that we can get this set up for you. I do apologize for the confusion
So it goes.....
0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@Potentate wrote:

This just in from Frontier's help desk concerning the account link up, Verizon/Frontier where the account access drop down only gives one option for a telephone number probably not associated with your account(s). At least it wasnnt for mine. I only gives an option for ###-###-##51 to receive the access code. I did a live chat and was given this info:

[Denisse] I really do apologize about this, they have confirmed that this is an issue they are aware of, and they are working on getting the online accounts being updated and fixed. Please contact us back in on the week of the first, so that we have more of your account information with Frontier so that we can get this set up for you. I do apologize for the confusion
So it goes.....

Interesting. The ###-###-##51 for me was ###-###-##23, which I finally figured out really was my actual phone number mostly hidden behind the pound signs (please cut me a little slack, I am getting pretty old (75) and my brain is a little slow at times, but that wasn't intuitively obvious to me... Smiley Very Happy ). Not well documented/explained on the Frontier site IMHO.

But I finally did get my account set up. And I just logged in a few minutes ago to verify that it really did work. Interestingly when I scroll down on my Account page I see my payments to Verizon over the last 3 or 4 months, with the correct $$$ amount, so apparently Verizon has transferred at least some accurate account info to Frontier.

What will be the next obstacle????

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)
Soon to be a Frontier FiOS customer

0 Likes
Potentate

Well, thats shows progress, Im going to keep trying until something gives. and you're right Justin, Im anticipating the April 1st changeover like it was for Y2K. Hopefully all sans a few minor bugs will be noneventful.

thanks for the update.

0 Likes
JohnN2016

Nothing seems to work for me. Chrome, IE, Firefox. The masked phone number for the code does not contain my last 2 digits. As a customer that was happy with Verizon I'm not very excited with my first Frontier experience. I hope I don't regret renewing my Verizon contract last year before any of this was announced. Guess I'll wait until we are officially Frontier customers and see what happens. But they were the ones sending the email and postal mail asking me to do this.

0 Likes