Re: Frustrated...Horrible download speeds...only in the evenings?
matt_g
Enthusiast - Level 3

Really not sure. Haven't been able to game or do anything really for the past couple of weeks. I don't want to disconnect my service (especially with the early disconnect fees)...I'll keep trying until it's resolved or can't stand it anymore and cancel my service. Like I said before, I've had FIOS for about 4-5 years now and never had an issue until now. 😕 Good news though, after closing my ticket they sent me a free Video On-Demand movie rental that I can't use because my connection is horrible....

0 Likes
Johnny_Utah
Enthusiast - Level 3

RIGHT on cue tonight 8:15pm or so, speeds cut to 25Mb/sec with packet loss/lag etc.

Nothing has been fixed.

0 Likes
matt_g
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same with mine last night. Still no call back on new ticket either.

0 Likes
Johnny_Utah
Enthusiast - Level 3

Matt,

I have a Verizon tech on his way out here..He already told me that he has had many of these tickets and he is getting pushback from above.  He is going to have to come BACK at night when the problem is occurring because right now everything will test fine.

I will keep you updated on his findings.

J

0 Likes
Johnny_Utah
Enthusiast - Level 3

Okay guys here is my update:

A WONDERFUL (I mean it, AWESOME 15 yr + on job) knowledgable tech came out today,  and we talked for 2 hours about this as he tested all my equipment.  He had personally had 5 of these exact calls within a 4 mile radius of me just yesterday.

He thinks that this issue may be a problem with an edge router with either ATT or Alter.net..however after I run a tracert for him tonight, he will know more.  HIS boss is now aware of the problem.  We ARE getting somewhere guys.

I will keep you all updated!

Johnny

0 Likes
matt_g
Enthusiast - Level 3

Interesting....I still have not heard back from support yet. Glad things may be moving along for you!

0 Likes
Johnny_Utah
Enthusiast - Level 3

Matt, I have also been in touch with VerizonSupport on twitter.  They seem interested also.

0 Likes
matt_g
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'll have to check that out. I've been trying to play some Diablo 3 lately and it's hardly playable...i started reading the community sites there and even Blizzard is trying to collect data to give to Verizon about the issues going on. They have posts on their forums for both World of Warcraft and Diablo 3 about FIOS customers having the exact issues we're having:

Here is a link if you're interested:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7864916450

0 Likes
b_conlan

I've been having the same issue with Diablo 3 for the last week or so.  Im in socal, a bit north of LA.  Only occurs during peak hours

0 Likes
Johnny_Utah
Enthusiast - Level 3

@matt_g wrote:

I'll have to check that out. I've been trying to play some Diablo 3 lately and it's hardly playable...i started reading the community sites there and even Blizzard is trying to collect data to give to Verizon about the issues going on. They have posts on their forums for both World of Warcraft and Diablo 3 about FIOS customers having the exact issues we're having:

Here is a link if you're interested:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7864916450

Yup, I posted on the first page earlier today (Shambulanse).

I did read that D3 players were experiencing the same...Fios users as I see.  If Blizzard gets on this as they have, that is excellent news for us.  From my tracerts tonight, it appears that the problems are when the Verizon lines hand off our info to the lines owned by Alter.net.  I was told that Alter.net was OWNED by Verizon but who really knows 🙂

0 Likes