Frustrated with FIOS
flarobyn
I recently switched from Comcast to Verizon and I am beginning to be very sorry to have done that.  Web pages are taking a long time to load, I cannot access some web pages I always have been able to, can't even access my blog!  Most of the time when I want to do live chat support after I take the time to enter the info it tells me live chat is not available.  Verizon Security Suite did not pick up on a malware program, Windows Protection Suite, that had to be removed by Radial Point, the company that made the security suite for Verizon.  What a mess.  I can't even access google anymore and some stupid search thing called Gala keeps coming up instead of my default search engine.  I am not very computer savvy so doing things like manually entering computer language is not something I can do.  Is there any easy fix for this?  I am willing to work with someone out there who can help me solve these problems!
0 Likes
Re: Frustrated with FIOS
VZ_Brian
Contributor - Level 2
Hello there.  Definitely sorry you're having that trouble, and I can help you out.  If you send me a direct message with your contact info, I will call you back and will walk thru some stuff with you.  
0 Likes
flarobyn

{edited for privacy}

Thank you!

Please send your info via Private Message.

Message Edited by KaLin on 08-25-2009 11:30 AM
0 Likes
highgate

I am also very sorry I signed up with Verizon FIOS + internet too.  Yesterday I was on the phone for over an hr, being transfered from one incompetent person to the next.  I think I must have spoke to 8 different people, each time repeating my name, my acct. number, my address, the issue.

That looks like this:

each time repeating my name, my acct. number, my address, the issue.

Hours of my life I will never get back.  Similar to the last time I had an issue and my cell phone died I was kept on the phone so long with no resolution.  This time my friend also called after me, sensing my frustration.  He literally went thru the same process to no avail to the point he realized no one competent works for this company.  I signed online today to try to pay my bill and tried 5 times among 2 browsers and each time "the service is down., sorry for the inconvenience."  I CAN"T EVEN PAY THEM.  What kind of company's service is so poor they don't even have their payment department in order?  My only hope is someone answering this forum is competent. 

0 Likes
kevinb
Contributor - Level 2

Yesterday I was on the phone for over an hr, being transfered from one incompetent person to the next.  I think I must have spoke to 8 different people, each time repeating my name, my acct. number, my address, the issue.

So the reps' jobs required them all to secure your information before proceeding on a call - which they all did. I'd call that doing your job competently. Different strokes for different folks I guess. 

That looks like this:

Also, they asked for your account number, so I'm assuming you weren't speaking with tech support.

Hours of my life I will never get back.

This, also, I never understood. As bad as the issue could be, why wouldn't one give up or seek alternative measures towards resolution if an attempt or two proved fruitless. You can't buy time and you just wasted hours of your life for how much money?

Similar to the last time I had an issue and my cell phone died I was kept on the phone so long with no resolution.

Get a new battery.

I signed online today to try to pay my bill and tried 5 times among 2 browsers and each time "the service is down., sorry for the inconvenience."  I CAN"T EVEN PAY THEM.  What kind of company's service is so poor they don't even have their payment department in order?

So Verizon's billing website is what you're paying your service charges for every month? That is what you consider Verizon's "service"?

You have posted an issue to this board in the past that had been addressed and corrected by a member here. S/he fixed your issue.. did s/he not do it competently?

Message Edited by ElizabethS on 08-25-2009 04:23 PM
0 Likes
highgate
Is this a joke?  Your customer service is terrible on the phone and I turned to your public forum bc I found it was the only that worked.  In fact the ppl on your forum were very efficient.  Apologize if you took frustrations from my phone experience personally, but you must realize that to the consumer you are all playing on the same team.
0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Hello highgate,

The Verizon forums are for customer to customer support.  There are a few Verizon techs and employees on the forums that are identified with the Verizon logo and the blue usernames.  But the forum is basically peer to peer support.  Anyone that doesn't fit the description of a Verizon employee is indeed all playing on the same team -- the customer team.  :smileywink:

0 Likes
highgate
can you explain why that "customer" person had access to previous forums?  The forum I had posted to originally was deleted by your moderator later that same day and this was months ago?
0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

It looks to me like everything in the post above that was quoted is from your post in this thread.  I can't see anything quoted from any earlier posts.

However, If you'd like to PM me and take this conversation away from the public view, maybe I can help you sort this out.

KaLin

0 Likes