Re: Frustrating IP assignment problem with Quantum router
MouseMcD

I have had this issue ever since i received the Quantum router - I just received my 4th replacement and the issue re-occurred almost immediately. I do not have any cameras or strange devices connected. I finally had enough and purchased a AmpliFi HD router - I almost bought the Orbi mesh system through Verizon since they support it but after some research decided against it. First of all, the Verizon provided Orbi system will not work with satellites purchased outside of Verizon. They have some firmware or software which is proprietary and they push updates. Based on the Quantum router problem, I don't trust that there won't be issues with this and that the fix won't be to replace the system. Also, there were many reviews stating problems with unexplained dropped connections with Orbi and I don't want to go down that road. It is now day 5 with the AmpliFi and everyone and every device in the house is very happy 🙂 the range is HUGE and it hasn't dropped anything. I should have done this a year ago. I feared the integration since I have to keep the Quantum as a modem (for TVs) but it was no problem (so far - can't say they won't change/push something in the future which will cause headaches).

0 Likes
Re: Frustrating IP assignment problem with Quantum router
Seeker1437
Community Leader
Community Leader

ALong with this issue you are having do you run any additional network equipment? (Apple Time Capsule/Network Extender/Mesh Network Routers/ETC.)

Also I know it was posted before in a different form but I included this as well:

https://forums.verizon.com/t5/Fios-Internet/and-where-can-i-find-the-max-number-of-wireless-user-on-...

Another thing I could recommend (if you haven't already) is make sure Home Network Protection was not enabled at some point for you. I know it can cause issues that can transcend single routers because it is account level.