Future Instillation date but already own equipment and wired for Verizon
soccastar001

I never thought when I switched to Verizon from Comcast 6 years ago they would actually treat me poorly enough to make me consider switching back...

My wife and I just moved into a new home and when I put my move order in with Verizon they gave me an installation date of March 5th. What?!?? I'm a current customer and I already have all of my equipment, the community is already wired for Verizon, what on Earth could cause such a long delay?

So I called Verizon and worked with a lady who actually APPEARED to be helping me. She said she would talk to who she needed to talk to and work on getting me a sooner install date. She even e-mailed me from her own Verizon e-mail address and I have a long e-mail chain of her making promises to me including when she said she spoke with her supervisor and the engineering team and got me an appointment for this past Saturday.

Saturday comes and goes and nobody shows up to hook up my cable.

Now, I could care less about the TV service but both my wife and I work from home occasionally and need internet service. Especially considering we moved into a new home and there are deliveries to be made and work that needs to be done where we would need to be able to access the internet and work from home so we can be there for these things. So I started calling Verizon...I spent more than 8 hours on the phone with them.

The first time I spoke with a lady who said a supervisor was on a call and would call me back in 30 minutes...I didn't get a call back for 4 hours and called Verizon back myself. Then I got someone who told me he could schedule my install date for February 10th (today, in fact). Not ideal, I was supposed to be installed Saturday, but I will take Tuesday. I get the e-mail confirmation and he pushed my install to MARCH 10TH! The incompetence in that one is staggering.

So then I called back and the next two times after being on the phone for 30 minutes I was disconnected.

The final time I called I spoke with someone who said they would try to enter me as a new customer to see if I could get a sooner install date. This was the worst because not only is my install date still not until March 10th now (almost a week later than my original, still absurd, March 5th date) but she completely screwed up my account. I cannot even access it online, I get errors, and my install notice was changed to include a first time activation fee even though I've been a customer for 6 years! Oh, and when she was finished screwing up my account even more she had the nerve to try to sell me upgraded services over the phone!!!

Not to mention that one of those fine people I talked to, I forgot which one, even told me when I said I worked from home that I should just go to the public library and use their internet. That really baffled me at how rude and insensitive to my situation it was.

So then it is my wife's turn to begin trying to call, I had had it after 8 hours of this. She spoke with a supervisor who promised to call back the following day but refused to give his contact information in case we didn't hear from him or even his full name. I'm sure you're not surprised to know he never called us back either.

I even went the route of a corporate e-mail blast and wrote all the executives listed on Verizon's website about the situation. After about 12 hours I received an automated reply that they care about my case and will be getting in touch with me. I'm not holding my breath at this point.

0 Likes
Re: Future Instillation date but already own equipment and wired for Verizon
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes