G1100 - How do I disable Client Isolation or AP (access point) Isolation?
JeromeTheSmall

Hi

I noticed that the 2 bands (2.4 and 5 G-Hz) are isolated. For instance My pc cannot see my printer if not on the same  band and since my printer is limited to 2.4 then my PC cannot use 5GHz and be able to print.

So 1) do you confirm my observation?  and 2) is there a way to change/configure this ? 

0 Likes
Re: G1100 - How do I disable Client Isolation or AP (access point) Isolation?
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not sure if you can. My printer is connected via ethernet and I can print if I'm on 2.4 or 5 GHz. Don't know if it is an option for you but I figured I'd throw it out there. 

0 Likes
meechpin
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm running into this issue when trying to join another Google Home device to our home network. How do we disable Client isolation on our Verzion routers?

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

https://www.howtogeek.com/179089/lock-down-your-wi-fi-network-with-your-routers-wireless-isolation-o...

This requires you to read the owners manual for the Quantum Gateway Router G1100

it is accessable from your router after you login to it 192.168.1.1 

use the login credentials off the verizon fios router. The password is on the sticker as well. If you dont have the ability to login to the router you will have to find out the information from verizon before turning off Access Point mode and guest network etc.

the link above is self explanatory.

0 Likes
dork1

That same problem is happening to me! It is very annoying. And none of the employees would help me!

0 Likes
Ladybug3777
Enthusiast - Level 1

Did anyone figure this out? My google home hub can connect but my google minis don’t!

I do the normal set up for the google home and then it says Something Went Wrong and says I have yo disable Acess Point Isolation on the Verizon router. I read the manual and can’t find that setting anywhere. I do not have a guest network enabled either. Not sure why this won’t work!

0 Likes
Jules31

Try this - turn on the "Self Organizing Network" feature.

https://www.verizon.com/support/residential/internet/equipment/network-extender/son

0 Likes