G1100 MOCA Segregated from Ethernet/Wireless?
briangmaddox

Hi everyone, so I've been trying my best Google Fu to find an answer but nothing has come up.  We recently upgraded to 100/100 and got the G1100 as part of that upgrade.  Previously we had the Actiontec FIOS router and our upstairs bedroom was/is connected by an Actiontec MOCA adapter.  Everything could connect to everything previously, be it on wireless, MOCA, or Ethernet plugged into the router.

WIth the G1100, MOCA devices seem segregated from Ethernet.  If I'm on the wireless (either frequency) I can connect to devices plugged into the Ethernet ports on the router and can ping wireless devices from a desktop computer plugged into the router's Ethernet ports.  However, nothing connected via the MOCA connection can connect to anything plugged into the router and vice-versa.  This only started once we switched to the G1100.  I've checked the MOCA frequency and it's on the same channels as the set top boxes.  I've checked all of the router settings and nothing should be blocking.  Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: G1100 MOCA Segregated from Ethernet/Wireless?
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Make sure you reboot your extender upstairs. It might still have the old actiontec wifi info in it. They will clone the router ssid and password but sometimes they wont until you reboot them. 

0 Likes
Re: G1100 MOCA Segregated from Ethernet/Wireless?
briangmaddox

Actually we've had it for a few months and have rebooted it several times.  I've also gone into the MOCA bridge and reset it a few times too.  

0 Likes