G1100 No Internet , any help would be great, please
baltimorebunch
Enthusiast - Level 1

I "upgraded" to the G1100 from an Actiontec...   I cannot get intenet on the new router. I read the setup guide and screwed in the connection (everything device in the house connects WiFi) 

Here is what happens

The Globe LED on the fron blinks white fast for about 30 seconds , then it blinks slower white for a couple of minutes; then it turns solid red 

I can connect WiFi, and login  with Chrome and what I see is:

While white blinking:

Router Status: Coax Status: Connecting...

When solid red:

Router Status: Coax Status: No Connection

The HTLM page shows the devices that connect WiFi and it shows the 4 STB boxes in the house. But NO internet ever.

The router sits next to a STB and I swapped coax cables and the STB works on either cable, the G1100 never connects to the internet.

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: G1100 No Internet , any help would be great, please
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

If you didn't manually release your Actiontec router's IP address before you swapped the devices your problem is likely that your new router isn't getting assigned an IP address.

If that's the case there are a couple of steps you can take.  The easiest would be to power down the new router for 2+ hours, or overnight, and then power it back up.  Or call Verizon tech support and ask them to release your IP address so you can be assigned a new one.

View solution in original post

eljefe2
Master - Level 1

If you didn't manually release your Actiontec router's IP address before you swapped the devices your problem is likely that your new router isn't getting assigned an IP address.

If that's the case there are a couple of steps you can take.  The easiest would be to power down the new router for 2+ hours, or overnight, and then power it back up.  Or call Verizon tech support and ask them to release your IP address so you can be assigned a new one.

baltimorebunch
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks!!!  Great solution

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

You're very welcome.  Glad it worked for you.

0 Likes