quick menu

G1100 WAN port appears dead

G1100 WAN port appears dead

Contributor tw9855
Contributor
Message 1 of 2
(168 Views)

I lost Intenet during a thunderstorm and got the dreaded red globe on the front of the router. The WAN port light stays off at all times and when I go into the router settings it says the cable is disconnected. When I plug in the same ethernet cable from the ONT into my personal router's WAN port, I get Internet with no issues. Rebooting and factory-resets of the G1100 have not helped.

Is the router dead due to a hardware failure of the port? Possibly due to a surge from lightning in the area?

1 REPLY 1
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 2 of 2
(150 Views)

@tw9855 wrote:

I lost Intenet during a thunderstorm and got the dreaded red globe on the front of the router. The WAN port light stays off at all times and when I go into the router settings it says the cable is disconnected. When I plug in the same ethernet cable from the ONT into my personal router's WAN port, I get Internet with no issues. Rebooting and factory-resets of the G1100 have not helped.

Is the router dead due to a hardware failure of the port? Possibly due to a surge from lightning in the area?

That could be.

call 1-800-VERIZON and have them replace it.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios