G1100 to Fios Network Extender
eojeda917

So I just ordered the Fios network extended (actiontec wcb6200q)..

I didn’t know this, but as many of y’all may know, setup requires Connection through coax.. I want to hook this up in my basement where signal is spotty. Don’t judge me for this, but I thought I’d be able to use a coax cable running into my DISH box in my basement for the network extender. I then found out that it wouldn’t work, so I followed where this coax cable went to outside of my house, and it ended up being right next to my Fios ONT box. I unplugged it from the DISH splitter and connected it directly to the ONT box, then plugged it back into the network extender. I also noticed that my gateway router on the second floor is connected to ONT through Ethernet.. why doesn’t my coax light come on if the extender is connected directly to ONT box outside?

0 Likes
Re: G1100 to Fios Network Extender
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

It doesn’t have to connect to the ONT it has to connect to the coax port on the G1100. This can be a direct run of coax or through a splitter. For example,  the coax connected to the G1100 on second and the coax the coax in the basement have to be connected to the same splitter. You can’t mix Dish coax and the extender/G100 coax because satellite also similar frequencies as MoCA. You could alternatively wire the extender with ethernet directly to the G1100 if the coax isn’t available due to Dish. 

0 Likes
eojeda917

That’s the problem, there is no coax connected to G1100.. Ethernet is connected all the way out to ONT outside of house. I doubt there is any coax set up from ONT anywhere in the house.. I was hoping I would be able to run the network extender through this coax cable that was already setup in the basement to outside and connect straight to ONT

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is there un-used coax in the room with the G1100? If that is going back to a main splitter you can tie that coax with the coax the basement with either a two port splitter or coax barrel. 

0 Likes