Switch Account

G3100 - Changing device name in Network status does not work

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

G3100 - Changing device name in Network status does not work

Message 1 of 2
(453 Views)

I just upgraded to fios gigabit internet with the new router G3100. I have about 30+ devices connecting to the network, both via wired and wireless connections. In the Network status details page, As most devices are listed with name "unknown-<Mac Addresss>", I used the drop down option to rename the device. I changed all the 30+ devices and was happy.

The next time the route rebooted after a few days, I realized that all the name definitions I made were lost. This is frustrating.

Is there a way to retain these device names, across a router reboot.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: G3100 - Changing device name in Network status does not work

Message 2 of 2
(103 Views)

I've recently moved into a G3100 and noticed this as well.  At first I thought it needed renaming once the devices switched from 2.4G to 5G but then again it also happened to those connected via ethernet.  I went ahead and assigned static IP's to my devices so I can easily identify them and it worked for a couple of days.  Logging in again today i saw they reverted back to the "unknown_[MACaddress]" names.  This is rather annoying.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.