G3100 Coax states "cable disconnected"
keithl1967
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just ordered a Fios Moca adapter.  I have note yet received the adapter, but I started running th ecable sin anticipation of receiving.  

Under status for coax, it states:  "Cable disconnected"

Under the coax menu, the coax is "enabled."  What am I missing?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: G3100 Coax states "cable disconnected"
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

I see. That DirectTV adapter runs MoCA. It should work if it is on the same coax frequency as the router, which is 1150MHz.

I found an article here (a weird website) that suggests DirectTV's MoCA frequency is lower than Verizon/Actiontec MoCA frequency. I think you can go into the DirectTV adapter to change its frequency to be synchronized with that of Verizon MoCA?

But any way, ECB5240M (a jargon for FiOS Network Adapter) you bought should work out of the box without configuration. If you want to assign it a static IP address, you need to add a static DHCP entry at G3100. It is better than DirectTV adapter because of three more ethernet ports and all are gigabit.

View solution in original post

Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

"Cable disconnected" means no active MoCA device is detected. You don't have any MoCA device connected right? You can check all MoCA connections in LAN Coax Stats.

What extender did you buy? Spent $200 on E3200?

keithl1967
Enthusiast - Level 1

I tried using an older DECA (directv) coax to ethernet device I had laying around.  Some reserach said it shoudl work just like any other MoCA device.  couldn;t get a connection, though.

I ordered the Fios Network adapter today. (https://www.verizon.com/home/accessories/fios-network-adapter/)

• Just wanted to see if I could get anything out of the router with the non-verizon coax to ethernet device.
0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

I see. That DirectTV adapter runs MoCA. It should work if it is on the same coax frequency as the router, which is 1150MHz.

I found an article here (a weird website) that suggests DirectTV's MoCA frequency is lower than Verizon/Actiontec MoCA frequency. I think you can go into the DirectTV adapter to change its frequency to be synchronized with that of Verizon MoCA?

But any way, ECB5240M (a jargon for FiOS Network Adapter) you bought should work out of the box without configuration. If you want to assign it a static IP address, you need to add a static DHCP entry at G3100. It is better than DirectTV adapter because of three more ethernet ports and all are gigabit.