G3100 LED dim off
maestro2
Contributor - Level 1

The LED lights on LAN ports of the router are going off sometimes and then come back on.

I see "[SYS] LED dim off" and "[SYS] LED dim on(led pattern: )" records in System Logging under Monitoring in GUI.

Any ideas why this happens?

Is there a way to set "LED dim off", so that router does not dim the LED on randomly?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: G3100 LED dim off
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Those logs are for debugging purposes and are largely irrelevant to what you actually see the brightness of the LEDs.

There’s a setting in the admin interface that allows you to adjust the brightness. On top of my head, it is in Advanced > Utility > LED brightness.

View solution in original post

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

The LEDs will normally remain off. If a device is connected, disconnected, or is updated, the LEDs will turn on for a certain amount of time and then turn off again. An update will also cause the LEDs to turn on.

The brightness is adjustable though. The LED ring around the WPS button will dim over time.

Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Those logs are for debugging purposes and are largely irrelevant to what you actually see the brightness of the LEDs.

There’s a setting in the admin interface that allows you to adjust the brightness. On top of my head, it is in Advanced > Utility > LED brightness.