G3100 Router 5G Broadcast Issues
ApolloKp
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, 

I'm a little stumped with the following issue: 

I disabled SON, enabled 5G SSID and enabled it to broadcast. Both SSIDs have different names and are set to automatically detect channels. I see it in my Fios app as well as the settings of the router. However, none of my devices see the 5G SSID when searching for Wifi. I tested it out by going close to the router too thinking it was distance. Any ideas or help would be really appreciated! 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: G3100 Router 5G Broadcast Issues
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@ApolloKp wrote:

So the reason I wanted to split up the bands was due to connectivity issues with my devices. After trying everything, I replaced the g3100 with a dual band Linksys router and that seems to have solved all the connectivity issues. So I'll return the g3100, was having a lot of issues with that router 

As long as you do not have FIOS TV too, you are set. 🙂

If you have FIOS TV too, I heard/read that you must have the FIOS router.

Marking as solved. If you have FIOS TV too, I advise you to post asking for help in https://forums.verizon.com/t5/Fios-TV-Technical-Assistance/bd-p/FiOS_TV

View solution in original post

Golfr013
Enthusiast - Level 1

I would enable SON, which allows for a single network name...

"Self Organizing Network. A Self-Organizing Networks (SON) is a technology that significantly improves Wi-Fi performance by automatically connecting customer devices to the optimal Wi-Fi band available and identifying and fixing Wi-Fi issues."

KDnVB
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not be be a smart-**bleep** but have you tried restarting the router?

ApolloKp
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was having a lot of issues with all my devices dropping the connection. So wanted to split the 2.4 and 5 bands to test out

ApolloKp
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hahah no that's a valid suggestion. Yup tried that a couple of times

ApolloKp
Enthusiast - Level 2

So the reason I wanted to split up the bands was due to connectivity issues with my devices. After trying everything, I replaced the g3100 with a dual band Linksys router and that seems to have solved all the connectivity issues. So I'll return the g3100, was having a lot of issues with that router 

dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@ApolloKp wrote:

As long as you do not have FIOS TV too, you are set. 🙂

If you have FIOS TV too, I heard/read that you must have the FIOS router.

Marking as solved. If you have FIOS TV too, I advise you to post asking for help in https://forums.verizon.com/t5/Fios-TV-Technical-Assistance/bd-p/FiOS_TV