Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

G3100 Router 5G Broadcast Issues

Message 1 of 7
(989 Views)

Hi, 

I'm a little stumped with the following issue: 

I disabled SON, enabled 5G SSID and enabled it to broadcast. Both SSIDs have different names and are set to automatically detect channels. I see it in my Fios app as well as the settings of the router. However, none of my devices see the 5G SSID when searching for Wifi. I tested it out by going close to the router too thinking it was distance. Any ideas or help would be really appreciated! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Trivia Champ
Trivia Champ

Re: G3100 Router 5G Broadcast Issues

Message 7 of 7
(769 Views)

@ApolloKp wrote:

So the reason I wanted to split up the bands was due to connectivity issues with my devices. After trying everything, I replaced the g3100 with a dual band Linksys router and that seems to have solved all the connectivity issues. So I'll return the g3100, was having a lot of issues with that router 

As long as you do not have FIOS TV too, you are set. 🙂

If you have FIOS TV too, I heard/read that you must have the FIOS router.

Marking as solved. If you have FIOS TV too, I advise you to post asking for help in https://forums.verizon.com/t5/Fios-TV-Technical-Assistance/bd-p/FiOS_TV

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 2 of 7
(924 Views)

I would enable SON, which allows for a single network name...

"Self Organizing Network. A Self-Organizing Networks (SON) is a technology that significantly improves Wi-Fi performance by automatically connecting customer devices to the optimal Wi-Fi band available and identifying and fixing Wi-Fi issues."

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 3 of 7
(904 Views)

Not be be a smart-**bleep** but have you tried restarting the router?

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 4 of 7
(902 Views)

I was having a lot of issues with all my devices dropping the connection. So wanted to split the 2.4 and 5 bands to test out

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 5 of 7
(901 Views)

Hahah no that's a valid suggestion. Yup tried that a couple of times

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 6 of 7
(900 Views)

So the reason I wanted to split up the bands was due to connectivity issues with my devices. After trying everything, I replaced the g3100 with a dual band Linksys router and that seems to have solved all the connectivity issues. So I'll return the g3100, was having a lot of issues with that router 

Highlighted
Trivia Champ
Trivia Champ

Message 7 of 7
(770 Views)

@ApolloKp wrote:

As long as you do not have FIOS TV too, you are set. 🙂

If you have FIOS TV too, I heard/read that you must have the FIOS router.

Marking as solved. If you have FIOS TV too, I advise you to post asking for help in https://forums.verizon.com/t5/Fios-TV-Technical-Assistance/bd-p/FiOS_TV

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

View solution in original post

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.