Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

G3100 Router Local Domain

ron024
Contributor
Contributor

G3100 Router Local Domain

Message 1 of 3
(940 Views)

I am trying to edit the "Local Domain" on my new G3100 router.  I am unable to type anything but numbers in the text box.  The input field has some java script to valadate the input and replace anything that is not a number with a nothing ('').

function check_num_input() {
$(this).val(this.value.replace(/[^0-9]/g, ''));
}

2 REPLIES 2
Jener
Contributor
Contributor

Re: G3100 Router Local Domain

Message 2 of 3
(699 Views)

I called Verizon router support and was told that we cannot change the local domain name on the G3100.

The tech told me Verizon was having issues updating the routers remotely when the local domain name was other then “myfiosgateway.com”. 
To me this issue and the fact that port forwarding also does not work properly we’re deal breakers and I’m returning the G3100.

I’m keeping the Quantum gateway, at least until all the bugs with the G3100 are fixed.

Very disappointing.

CiskoKidd111
Contributor
Contributor

Re: G3100 Router Local Domain

Message 3 of 3
(602 Views)

Same this has caused me many problems, Think its time to return this tomorrow im going to call.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.