G3100 "My Network" issue
Smooth_J

When going into "My Network" I would normally see a number of hosts connected to the access point/router, however it appears to be blank and not populated. So since I just picked up the device and set it up, I went into options and did a factory reset. Once that was reset was done, I had no issues and saw the list of devices on my network. Fast forward till about a few hours later, and I needed to get the IP address of the extender (both we were rented/setup the same day), and sure enough I had the same issue - nothing is shown under "My Network".  So I had to use a port scanner to find the other router on my network. I tried several different browsers just in case, but its the same issue. Has anyone encountered the same issue?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: G3100 "My Network" issue
GrimSanto
Enthusiast - Level 2

ok, i figured it out (I think). One device on my network was causing my My Network to be blank. I have to remove all the devices and connect them one by one to figure out which one was causing the issue. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
GrimSanto
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same issue. It seems like if you have a lot of devices, that page becomes back for some reason. 

0 Likes
GrimSanto
Enthusiast - Level 2

ok, i figured it out (I think). One device on my network was causing my My Network to be blank. I have to remove all the devices and connect them one by one to figure out which one was causing the issue. 

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Just a follow up,

What kind of device did you remove? Is it an IOS device? Forum users probably need more information about what exactly caused the device list to be blank, so we can help others with a similar situation next time.

0 Likes
GrimSanto
Enthusiast - Level 2

The device in question was a Broadlink Wifi Smart Home Hub RM MINI 3 .Universal Remote Control. When connected it would knock the Broadband Connection (Ethernet/Coax) offline. At least it showed offline. At that point, Network status would show nothing connected from the web admin. Had to hard reset and set everything up without the hub and the network has been stable so far.

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

It is very strange. When your Broadband is disconnected, the router should still show the list of LAN devices. I am not sure how your Boradlink WiFi Smart Home Hub causes the WAN to disconnect.

You did not mention Broadband disconnection in the original post, is that something new you discovered?

0 Likes
Smooth_J

As the OP, I currently have 36 total devices, and I shouldn't have to go through every device to see which device is causing the issue. Granted that is a nice find, but should not be needed... especially in 2020.

Ethernet9
Coax0
Wi-Fi27
0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Smooth_J wrote:

Granted that is a nice find, but should not be needed... especially in 2020.

As more new standards are being released by IETF, compatibility is increasingly becoming an issue, Especially when Verizon upgrades broadband IPv4 to IPv6, we should expect more configuration problem.

Smooth_J

Yes, I get that and I have no issues with revisions and changes. However, something simple as showing a host list, the previous FIOS routers (even my really old WRT54G) had no issues with it.

0 Likes