Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same day delivery.

G3100 router DNS error

SOLVED
sikm3
Contributor
Contributor

G3100 router DNS error

Message 1 of 5
(576 Views)

Intermittent "arca-agent-loader" warning.

Logs state "[DDNS.4][SYS] Fail to start DDNS" error message while the router blinks yellow. Service is restored 5 seconds later.

This happens 2-3 times one day then nothing for a week and then back again once or twice another day. Been happening this way for a while and it's not uncommon I'm rebooting the network at least once every 2 weeks.

TV service never drops. I can't stream a movie from Amazon without heavy degradation 2-3 times during the streaming session. In some cases the streaming session buffers incessantly. I have 75/75 service and the ONT is 19yrs old.

I fathom this is a G3100 software issue but hoping others may have a solution. An appt has been made with Verizon tech.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sikm3
Contributor
Contributor

Re: G3100 router DNS error

Message 5 of 5
(404 Views)

Problem solved - ONT was degrading (19yo) and the older style ONT was replaced with the newest version. Now i get the speeds i pay for consistently and movies stream in full 1080p HD without dropping. Time will tell if the G3100 behaves normally and doesn't throw a DNS error.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
annoyed-consume
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 2 of 5
(561 Views)

I had this same issue last year.. and after a few days of troubleshooting i returned the G3100.  

my ONT was also very old at the time.. and i suspect that was part of the issue

Cang_Household
MVP MVP
MVP

Message 3 of 5
(518 Views)

Can you go to G3100's WAN settings and manually enter a DNS address of your choice? Like 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4? This is likely a layer 3 issue on Verizon's end rather than has something to do with the G3100 itself.

sikm3
Contributor
Contributor

Message 4 of 5
(476 Views)

how would i go about testing this?

sikm3
Contributor
Contributor

Message 5 of 5
(405 Views)

Problem solved - ONT was degrading (19yo) and the older style ONT was replaced with the newest version. Now i get the speeds i pay for consistently and movies stream in full 1080p HD without dropping. Time will tell if the G3100 behaves normally and doesn't throw a DNS error.

View solution in original post

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.