G3100 router issues
Anonymous_2180

Okay so for the last several years I have used my nighthawk X10 router connected directly to my ONT box. I used a mocca adapter to supply internet to my cable boxes. No issues at all with my setup. Everything worked perfectly including the my Fios tv app. I just decided to upgrade my service to the gigabyte internet. I also upgraded my boxes to the Fios tv one boxes with voice remote. They told me I have to use the G3100 router in order for the boxes to work and that my X10 won’t work anymore. I bought into it and setup the G3100 router. I absolutely hate it. It has no range at all and struggles to supply internet to my smart home. Fios is trying to talk me into purchasing an extender from them for another 8/month. I really don’t want to do this. I am wondering how I can incorporate my X10 router back into my network that will help with my issues, also will satisfy Verizon because they see their router. I would much prefer to use the X10 to handle the work load as it’s much more powerful than this G3100. I am here looking for what you all might have tried already and any suggestions on a good setup. Thank you for all your help. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: G3100 router issues
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

With the FiOS ONE boxes, it is best to keep a Verizon router as primary. 

Turn off SON on the G3100, it messes with IoT devices.  Give each band a different SSID so you've more control over how devices connect.

If that doesn't help, plug your router into a LAN port on the G3100.  Turn off the G3100's WiFi and connect all your devices to your router.  Lots of posts on this forum about using your own router.

View solution in original post

Re: G3100 router issues
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

With the FiOS ONE boxes, it is best to keep a Verizon router as primary. 

Turn off SON on the G3100, it messes with IoT devices.  Give each band a different SSID so you've more control over how devices connect.

If that doesn't help, plug your router into a LAN port on the G3100.  Turn off the G3100's WiFi and connect all your devices to your router.  Lots of posts on this forum about using your own router.