G3100 router will not work with my Netgear GS605 switch
ThanksIA

I upgraded to the new G3100 router. I hooked everything up and the wifi is working, but the new router will not work with my netgear GS650 switch? I checked all the connections and have rebooted a few times without results.

Now, it did work for about a week, but now nothing?

Any advice would be appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: G3100 router will not work with my Netgear GS605 switch
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Could be a bad batch cable. Try swapping it out.

View solution in original post

dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

REF https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/GS608/gs605_608_install_guide.pdf

Besides the power light on it is on, are any of the Port number lights are not lit for a connected device or stays on continuously?

ThanksIA

Yes, all the lights are blinking in synch with each other. I would of thought that hitting the reset button would of helped. Is there a setting on the router to all for a switch to be used?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@ThanksIA wrote:

Yes, all the lights are blinking in synch with each other. I would of thought that hitting the reset button would of helped. Is there a setting on the router to all for a switch to be used?

Maybe.

REF for router manual / user's guide https://www.verizon.com/supportresources/content/dam/verizon/support/consumer/documents/home-router-...

#1 After logging into the router go to Advanced -> Network Settings -> Port Configuration.

#2 Check what that setting is set to and change it as need be.

jonjones1
Legend

This probably wasn’t thought of, but it could simply be a bad switch. Try a different one with your G3100 router. Sometimes changing the lan port position (ie:if it’s plugged into port 3 plug it into port 1 etc) then see if that fixed your issue.

normally the unit blinking is a sign it is functional. But try another switch and see if that was the problem.

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Could be a bad batch cable. Try swapping it out.