Switch Account

G3100 web interface stops working - fixed by rebooting router

G3100 web interface stops working - fixed by rebooting router

Highlighted
Contributor gburlingame
Contributor
Message 1 of 5
(404 Views)

I've had the G3100 for a couple of months now and I've noticed that the web interface has stopped working on about 3-4 occasions.  It happened most recently this morning.

Neither its IP address nor the URL myfiosgateway.com send a response to any computer or web browser that try to connect on my internal LAN.  It as though the G3100's web server gets into a crashed or hung state -- I suspect a firmware bug.  Perhaps if I forget to logout the session doesn't ever time out?  I noticed there is a cap of no more than 6 concurrent sessions.

The iPhone app myfios works as expected when the web interface is borked, in fact that is how I rebooted it this morning.  In the past I have pulled the power cord.

Once the router reboots the web interface becomes responsive and things work as expected.  Example:  Open web browser, try to connect -- will not connect.  Leave browser window open.  Reboot router.  Once router finishes rebooting, connect via web interface and observe it works as expected.

Has anyone else run into this issue?

It's running firmware 1.3.6.27

Hardware rev is 1103

Cheers,

Greg

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 2 of 5
(324 Views)

#1 While we get you that you have FIOS Internet. Do you also have FIOS TV?

#2 Before the router crashes, are you able to access the Internet?

#3 Besides using a Wireless (your iPhone) connection, does a wired connection work?

#4 Do you have a  separate RJ-45 WAN port NAT router?

Note even if you are not using the separate NAT router, please say so. For example

Yes but not in use and the other router is a Linksys E4200

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

Contributor gburlingame
Contributor
Message 3 of 5
(282 Views)

Thank you for your reply dslr595148.  Here are my answers to your questions:

#1 While we get you that you have FIOS Internet. Do you also have FIOS TV?

Answer:  Yes, I do have FIOS TV.

#2 Before the router crashes, are you able to access the Internet?

Answer:  I would not say that the router crashes.  I am able to access the internet without any difficulty, that works as expected.  What I believe MAY be crashing is the web server running on the router that serves the configuration pages.  But that is just a theory, it could just as easily be something else.  

#3 Besides using a Wireless (your iPhone) connection, does a wired connection work?

Answer:  Neither wired nor wireless connections to the G3100 are able to access the web interface when it is not responding.  

#4 Do you have a  separate RJ-45 WAN port NAT router?

Answer:  No, I only have one router.  I do not have a double NAT configuration.  

Best regards,

Greg

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 4 of 5
(191 Views)

Ok.

I suspect that you are right. Firmware bug

In the meantime, while waiting for a fix - trying to find out more info about this router.

Does this router have another way of controlling it?

Like telnet or SSH.

telnet://192.168.1.1

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

Highlighted
Contributor gburlingame
Contributor
Message 5 of 5
(188 Views)

It doesn't reply to Telnet or SSH.  

It responds to the Fios app.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.