Switch Account

Gateway Quantum router

Gateway Quantum router

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Message 1 of 4
(910 Views)

Is the Gateway Quantum router currently being sold by Verizon for $199.99 the same one the used to cost $149.99 or is it a new,improved model?

3 REPLIES 3
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 2 of 4
(876 Views)

@eugene49 wrote:

Is the Gateway Quantum router currently being sold by Verizon for $199.99 the same one the used to cost $149.99 or is it a new,improved model?

Depending on where you want to purchase it the Verizon store site is $149.99 however you can purchase the Verizon firmware version from Amazon for $100 and from eBay for $45-$70 but make sure it’s not a Frontier firmware version.

you can do much better doing a google search on routers that are better and have external antenna versus the crappy Quantum router which has atrocious WiFi.

another point to ponder is Fios recently placed a security protection from McAfee which is messing around with customers internet. So you are better off using your own supplied router. Remember that $12 monthly rental fee is $144 a year or $288 for two years. So buy a better router now and save yourself the misery later.

Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Message 3 of 4
(861 Views)

The Fios web site now lists the price as $199.99. My question is have they just raised the price of the $149.99 router or is this a new improved model

Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 4 of 4
(858 Views)

@eugene49 wrote:

The Fios web site now lists the price as $199.99. My question is have they just raised the price of the $149.99 router or is this a new improved model

Doubtful it is new and improved. I see from the following link that prices vary.

https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=fios+quantum+gateway+model+g1100&tag=googhydr-20&index=ap...

and yes I see the new price.

https://www.verizon.com/home/accessories/fios-quantum-gateway/

I would say just a price increase. Nothing new except McAfee updated protection on the router which you don’t need.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.