Gateway Router Rental Fee

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Gateway Router Rental Fee

Message 1 of 3
(2,406 Views)

My last 2 year contract I was given the router. I was looking at renewing another 2 years and the estimate is charging me a rental fee for the router I was given. I called sales and they gave some line that it's a charge for internet speed. That sounds ridiculous especially since they are both separate line items. Plus the gentleman didn't sound like he was interested in keeping my business.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Gateway Router Rental Fee

Message 3 of 3
(2,330 Views)

Apparently my current G1100 was a rental but they waived the fee for 2 years. Guess I'll be buying one.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 2 of 3
(2,374 Views)

What model router do you have?

Fee is to cover cost of older routers.

You can either buy a newer model (quantum gateway is the newest) or if you don't have TV service, you can buy any other router you wish.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 3
(2,331 Views)

Apparently my current G1100 was a rental but they waived the fee for 2 years. Guess I'll be buying one.

View solution in original post

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.