Gateway's firmware updated on 2/20 around 1:30 AM in NY right after I turned off my pc <- weird?
ActionStatus
Enthusiast - Level 1

So my Gateway router was updated to 02.00.01.07 on 2/20 around 1:30 AM. The thing is not only it was late (I saw forum posts saying theirs were updated on 2/13 in NY), it happened right after I turned off my pc. Like as soon as I hit the power off button the router was updated and restarted.

Is this weird? Does Fios firmware updates check if a device is connected to the router before updating in order to avoid interrupting the internet connection?

Another thing is on that day I turned on the router as I turned on my pc because sometimes I turn off my router. Shouldn't it have been automatically updated as it was booted?

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Gateway's firmware updated on 2/20 around 1:30 AM in NY right after I turned off my pc <- wei
jonjones1
Legend

There were post here on this forum and on DSL Reports that stated your router would be done by the 20th. So it was not late.

I believe Verizon like cable internet update in the evening or late evenings so that would seem about right.

Re: Gateway's firmware updated on 2/20 around 1:30 AM in NY right after I turned off my pc <- wei
ActionStatus
Enthusiast - Level 1

@jonjones wrote:

There were post here on this forum and on DSL Reports that stated your router would be done by the 20th. So it was not late.

I believe Verizon like cable internet update in the evening or late evenings so that would seem about right.

Thank. Yeah well I still find it creepy that it was done right after I turned off my computer.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@ActionStatus wrote:

@jonjones wrote:

Thank. Yeah well I still find it creepy that it was done right after I turned off my computer.

You may now safely play the NY Lottery Mega Millions Since I think you have that luck 😀

0 Likes