Getting Fios Connectivity
crafter3

I am movng into a newly built home next week in a community that has already wired for Fios. FIOS was installed in this community as part of Verizon FIOS community initiative. When I tried to order Fios for this address I got a mesaage saying that Fios is not available at my address. I tried to get online help from FIOS, but  they were not at all helpful and were saying the standard message that I get on the notification list. After spending 8 years trying to get my current address into verizon notification list I know how it works.Probably goes into a spam email which no one looks at.

I contacted their sales people about four weeks back and they issued an engineering request to enter my address into the database. They assured me that someone from Verizon will contact me with in a week about laying the conduit to the home. After making numerous trips to the sales team I am still wating to hear from Verizon.

I would like very much to have FIOS, but if I need internet connection  as soon as possible once I move into the new home. Cox is an alternative, but that would be my last option.

Any suggestions on how to proceed further would be welcome

0 Likes
Re: Getting Fios Connectivity
byang1

I have a VERY SIMILAR problem.  I'm definitely curious to know if you find a solution to the problem.

Here's my post: http://forums.verizon.com/t5/General-Residential-Products-and/FiOS-available-in-Apartment-Building-b...

0 Likes
crafter3

Still no luck. It has been six weeks since I put the Engineeing Request.

This is the current status according to the sales people at Fairoaks mall..

They 've riased repeated escalations to engineering with out any response so far. I've already spoken to their manager and he is surprised too. He told me it shouldn't take more than a couple of weeks. They said they are going to escalate to their district manager today and call me back. Based on my previous experience with them I don't expect to hear from them.

Meanwhile, I've asked cox to lay the cable to my home and at least they were positive in their response and told me they would do it as soon as possible.

The weird part of this whole thing is that the FIOS access point is right in my property from where it is wired to my neghbours and I can't get it.

Did you open an engineering request?

0 Likes
crafter3

Spoke to the Verizon Sales Person again. Tells me that they can only raise an engineering request and they cant tell me what happens to that request. It could take one week, one month, one year, or 10 years.Meanwhile, I am stuck with no internet for eight weeks now. Also realized that no one else serves this community and we are at Verizon'e mercy.

I will appreciate any suggestions about how to escalate this problem

0 Likes
crafter3

Contacted the Customer Service on chat yesterday. CSR was very sympathetic to my problem. Promised me to contact me with the status update by mid-morning. No contact so far.

I will try to contact the customer service daily until I know what's happening to my request

0 Likes
crafter3

Chatted with another CSR yesterday. Explained my problem. CSR offered to look up the address and see if I am eligible for FIOS. (I already know that the database says I am not FIOS eligible and was requesting the status of engineering escalation). CSR said I am not FIOS eligible and asked me if I want to to get on their notification list (aka the black hole list). I told her I am already in that list.WIll try again today with another CSR

Any verizon employees monitoring this forum - Can you help me. In the past I've seen employees helping people in a similar situation.

Here is the current status -

I live in a house in the middle of the street. Both houses on either side of my house have FIOS and all the houses opposite to my house have FIOS.Raised engineering request more than 7 weeks ago. Verizon still can't tell me the status of this request. Meanwhile, two houses which were in the same situation as me in the same neighbourhood, have already been told that FIOS will be installed at their houses. Appreciate any help

0 Likes
crafter3

Spoke to another CSR yesterday. She was very helpful. Immediately agreed that there is something wrong with the delay. She agreed that the engineering request should not take so long.She spoke to her supervisor and both of them promised me that they would talk to their contact in the engineering dept and get back to me by next Wednesday. The engineering contact is on vacation until then.

Hope they would come up with some positive news

Venu

0 Likes
crafter3

Contacted the CSR again. She responded saying that this time the supervisor is on vacation and she can't tell me anything until next week. At least she responded. That is a consolation.

Waiting for eight weeks

0 Likes
prjctfish
I live on a block in Park Slope Brooklyn, on 8th Street. We have located FIOS installed on 1st Street and on 14th Street but can never get a clear answer as to when we can get it on 8th Street. many of us work in the high tech filed and are fed up with poor TWC monopoly service and would gladly pay for expended internet services.
Please have an appropriate area manager contact me, I would be happy to gather many names of people in the areas who would switch.

Thank you

0 Likes
crafter3

Just got information from Verizon that FIOS is available at my address and I scheduled an installation date on 15th. Will update you more on the installation progress. Thanks for all who have supported me through this

0 Likes