Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get gifts fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same-day delivery.

Getting a Fraction of 1-Gig Service

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Getting a Fraction of 1-Gig Service

Message 1 of 2
(201 Views)

I signed up for a new contract and had a Verizon technician out yesterday because the speed tests on my devices were a fraction of the 1-Gig Service on my contract.  The kicker here is the technician came to my house to check for 1-Gig service with a device that can only verify up to 300/300 mbps.  Well, the results were the router is receiving 380 mbps.  Am I ever going to verify that my house is receiving 1-gig service?  My devices are receiving between 100-250 mbps while hard wired, while testing on Verizon's speed test site.  Please help.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Re: Getting a Fraction of 1-Gig Service

Message 2 of 2
(183 Views)

this certainly needs to be escalated to VZ support - anything less than ~700 or so is a problem. Could be just the speed setting on the system, problem with the ONT/cabling/whatever. Especially if its confirmed the router is receiving 380.

BTW, what about getting a speed test wired directly to ONT (before the router) - what happens then?

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.