Getting better internet to the Bedrooms
Client98
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello I am new to the internet thing. I have Fios 100/100 internet set up in my living room however I would like to have it in my bedroom. Is there and inexpensive way to move my router there or would I have to call a technician. I have wifi extenders set up but I only get 30 percent of my full speed as if I am in the living room. Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Getting better internet to the Bedrooms
JustinG1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Since the extender your using is wireless and not wired, your speed loss is most likely due to this factor. 

A coax connection is simply a place where a coax cable can plug into the Verizon range extender. If you have a cable in the bedroom, then thats perfect! The Verizon extender sends your Internet signal over the existing coax cable (wired, not wireless), and you should have a much better experience. 

View solution in original post

TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

My Wi FI Extender is in Upstairs Bedroom.

Router is in Office Downstairs.

Have solid coverage on my IPad when I use it upstairs.

See Attached Diagram
If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to let all of us know and click the "Accept as Solution" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sorry about Attached Diagram.

Hope this one below works

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What type of wifi extender do you have?

Some are acutally repeaters which give you at best 50% of original speed.

You can conenct rotuer any place that has a coax connection.

So if one of the rooms have it, then try moving the router there.

Client98
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a wifi extender. It is a TP Link AC750. I don't have an upstairs in my apartment so the router is on the same floor while the extender is 25 ft away from the router yet 20 into the back of the bedrooms. I'm not to sure what a coax connection is but I do have spot in the bedroom where a coax cable comes from the wall.  Not sure this is what you mean but that how my setup is.Thanks for replying in advance.

0 Likes
JustinG1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Since the extender your using is wireless and not wired, your speed loss is most likely due to this factor. 

A coax connection is simply a place where a coax cable can plug into the Verizon range extender. If you have a cable in the bedroom, then thats perfect! The Verizon extender sends your Internet signal over the existing coax cable (wired, not wireless), and you should have a much better experience. 

JETPACK21

I have a 5g jet pack but only 

4g towers. 

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes