Getting lags/timeouts in internet usage, plz help
tonyk77

Ok, so i am a quantum user 75/75mbs. I clock in at about 80/78 mbs. I am quite happy wiht my service. I have been wiht verizon for many years and never have had this problem.

When browsing the internet, i will click on a site or say youtube, and it will load for about 15 seconds before loading the page. It happens about 2-3 times every couple mins where i get these blackout lags. Idk what is casueing it i could use some help, esp from verizon.

I have replaced my quantum router to a new one (this was thier first suggestion)

I have replaced ALL my ethernet wires wondering fi that was it, still happening.

I have even replaced my power surge protector just to be on the safe side.

I have run FOUR differrent scan programs, all say everything is running fine on my computer. So at this point i feel like its not something on my side and it has to be on verizons.

Originally i had 2 wires running into my room from verizon, one a cable wire and the other a internet wire. For soem reason this winter the internet wire just stopped working. Verizon came out and switched out the battery box in the basement which didnt work, it was still out. After an hour of him trying to figure it out he just called them and had verizon put both the internet and cable threw my cable wire.

I asked them if it would affect my speed as ive heard people on cable internet share speeds. They said no i have my own dedicated line still.

This didnt start till prob about 2 months ago, so im not sure if thats teh reason becasue they combined the services on one wire or what.

Ive even let my browser sit at the fios speed page and as soon as i notice a lag i hit the check button, and it waits till it gets internet speed.

plz help, its annoying when im trying to play online games like poker and lose hands cause it timesout/lag

0 Likes
Re: Getting lags/timeouts in internet usage, plz help
nabeelnizar

I'm starting to see the same issues.  I'm an Apple user.  Timecapsule for my router with all ac wireless devices.  150/150.
I'm losing connection to web mtgs and such.  Starting to think this is a verizon issue rather than on my end.

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

I would start logging trace routes to the websites that you are having the problems with to see shere the problem is.

0 Likes
tonyk77

It doesnt happen on one perticular site. It happens in general. I can be on facebook, youtube, google, whatever, i just get time outs where it spins until it can grab a signal again.

ive used 3 different browsers as well, firefox, explorer, maxthon and chrome. So i know its not just my browser.

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Try using another computer to see if the same thing happens on the other computer.

0 Likes
tonyk77

I did, i tried my laptop and tablets, even when im playing wireless there are times i get lagging playing yatzee with friends. and another user also posted they are experiencing the same issue

0 Likes
tonyk77

so to give an update, now i have not only changed my router, surge protector and all my ethernet wires, yesterday i went out and purchased a brand new desktop and i am still getting lags.

So obv this is not soemthing on my end and i would like someone from verizon to figure out whats going on. If its something on thier end idc, it doesnt matter to me. If i have to get the services seperated again im am fine wiht that too, but obv ive done everything on my end and i dont feel i should have to pay someone 200 to come out and tell me thats itssomething on thier end, lol.

0 Likes
watches
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same issue here in NJ since the 29th.

Some pages do not load unless I hit enter twice or refresh the page. Verizon support has no consept of how the internet works and that the problem COULD be on their end. But the person I was speaking too (many thousands of miles away) over the worst voip connection was a waste of time.

One day Verizon will get this fixed but it may take one of their execs to see the issue. LOL

0 Likes