Getting onto the internet

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Getting onto the internet

Message 1 of 5
(5,441 Views)

I just got Fios, and find that when I turn my computer on it takes an inordinate amount of time to connect to the internet.  Once connected all of the speeds seem fine, however it can take up to 10 minutes or so before the browser opens.  Is there anything I can do to remedy this?

Also, it takes forever for my computer to now install any updates or run a security scan.  Again, anything I can do to remedy this?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Getting onto the internet

Message 2 of 5
(5,434 Views)

Did you have any type of Internet service prior to FIOS?

Have you check your PC for viruses or maleware?

What type of computer do you have. Regardless of provider, it should not take that long for Internet Explorer to load, even without an Internet connection. It should come right up and give you an error message.

It sounds like you are having computer issues.

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 3 of 5
(5,405 Views)

You could  try using a different browser (ex. Firefox) just to see if you get the same issue there.

Highlighted
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Message 4 of 5
(5,293 Views)

Hi teegrow sorry you're having trouble with your connection. Take a look at this website:

http://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/FiOSInternet/Troubleshooting/Top+Help+Issues/QuestionsOne/8...

It outlines some common things that can cause your connection to be slow. If you have any questions or need help with it, don't hesitate to contact me through personal message.

Kim
Verizon Telecom
Fiber Solution Center

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supercede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

Highlighted
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Message 5 of 5
(5,292 Views)

Also since you were recently installed, you should have our In Home Agent installed on your computer. That software can also help you troubleshoot a slow connection. In case you don't have it, you can download it at:

verizon.com/inhomeagent

Kim
Verizon Telecom
Fiber Solution Center

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supercede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.