Getting onto the internet
teegrow

I just got Fios, and find that when I turn my computer on it takes an inordinate amount of time to connect to the internet.  Once connected all of the speeds seem fine, however it can take up to 10 minutes or so before the browser opens.  Is there anything I can do to remedy this?

Also, it takes forever for my computer to now install any updates or run a security scan.  Again, anything I can do to remedy this?

0 Likes
Re: Getting onto the internet
prisaz
Legend

Did you have any type of Internet service prior to FIOS?

Have you check your PC for viruses or maleware?

What type of computer do you have. Regardless of provider, it should not take that long for Internet Explorer to load, even without an Internet connection. It should come right up and give you an error message.

It sounds like you are having computer issues.

mleduc35651
Contributor - Level 2

You could  try using a different browser (ex. Firefox) just to see if you get the same issue there.

0 Likes
VZ_Kim
Contributor - Level 2

Hi teegrow sorry you're having trouble with your connection. Take a look at this website:

http://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/FiOSInternet/Troubleshooting/Top+Help+Issues/QuestionsOne/8...

It outlines some common things that can cause your connection to be slow. If you have any questions or need help with it, don't hesitate to contact me through personal message.

VZ_Kim
Contributor - Level 2

Also since you were recently installed, you should have our In Home Agent installed on your computer. That software can also help you troubleshoot a slow connection. In case you don't have it, you can download it at:

verizon.com/inhomeagent

0 Likes