Switch Account

Getting rid of Directv and having to sort through coax connection cables left over.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Getting rid of Directv and having to sort through coax connection cables left over.

Message 1 of 2
(1,405 Views)

I am doing a self install for my Fios TV. I currently have 1 two way splitter installed by Verizon from my ONT to the router and one for the one STB in my master bedroom.

I need to sort through the mess of powered splitters from directv and figure out how to connect 3 more TV's by using a splitter for my Fios STB I just received. Should I use a four way splitter off the current two way splitter to connect my TV's? Also directv used to use to cable coax lines, how do I know which one to take off and connect the single to BIOS?

Picture diagram would be helpful. Thanks in advanced!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Getting rid of Directv and having to sort through coax connection cables left over.

Message 2 of 2
(1,379 Views)

I would make sure to get termination caps at radio shack.  When you disconnect the Directv main feed you will have a unused splitter port, and you don't want signal bleed.

Also as advice, I would take out the Powered Splitters, and just replace them with the splitters that fios sends you.  If you don't mind getting your own splitters, then just get some 5-1000mhz or better, 4 way splitters.

How many tv's are you getting?

Essentially it will be ONT -> RG6 coax ->two way splitter  ------coax leg 1 to router ------coax leg 2 to 4 way tv splitter which will then connect to each of your cable boxes/tv's

Here is a sample fios wiring guide, you will likely be set up as coax for everything from the ONT.  So that means everything below will probably work fine, except the ethernet at the ONT will not be used.  so just put an X on that. 

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.