Re: Gigabit Internet Feedback
jhartmac

You are correct, however that speed test on the verizon speed test site cannot be accurate.  If it were, then my speeds wouldn't have gotten better after I rebooted the ONT.......before the reboot the verzion site was saying 900/900 to the router.  None of my hardware has issues......and  have Cat 7 and no other interference issues......so something is obviously wrong......

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@jhartmac wrote:

You are correct, however that speed test on the verizon speed test site cannot be accurate.  If it were, then my speeds wouldn't have gotten better after I rebooted the ONT.......before the reboot the verzion site was saying 900/900 to the router.  None of my hardware has issues......and  have Cat 7 and no other interference issues......so something is obviously wrong......

Did you read what you wrote above in the quote and in the previous post you made about speeds after rebooting the ONT? I don’t think so.

if you previously had 900/900 and you think that is not fast then reboot the ONT and your speeds show way less then there is either a credibility issue as to just what numbers you are showing, and maybe posting in reverse. Bad numbers are the lower numbers you posted and not the good 900/900 so please get your facts and figures correct.

Cat7 is just a fantasy at present. It has not been certified the last ethernet is cat6e and Fios installers use cat5e so that new 7 means nothing. Just a way to pick your pocket.

And the Verizon speedtest site is a proprietary network. It is not fraught with internet obstacles or slow downs you will see with outside test sites like speedtest.net etc.

if your speed from Verizon’s servers are showing 900/900 to your home then that is all Verizon Fios will accept as being up to as their service qualifier.

Nothing you can do it’s just the way it is.

Your device speeds are not really a concern to Fios. They give a test to see how fast it may connect to them. Nothing more.

0 Likes
Uberman1
Enthusiast - Level 2

it’s a total joke fios gigabit,I never should of dumped comcast blast internet which blew away fios wireless speeds.Im literally waiting for web pages to load in which i haven’t done in years.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

I already answered your other post.

you must call as I said and have tech services troubleshoot the issues.

millions of other customers are having no issues. So it has to be on your end.

0 Likes
Mantorras
yes

0 Likes
Jason1118

Where is it? I'm paying for it along with a host or ridiculous charges , changes, orders and a host of taxes , may I please have something out of it .. my hotspot does most of the internet browsing because my gigabit connection is non existent or just does not reside at my residence ..... 

0 Likes
TonySp

Not even vaguely. I get 60 mB/s at the very best 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@TonySp wrote:

Not even vaguely. I get 60 mB/s at the very best 

On a gigabyte Fios connection? that is not going to happen.

first off I don’t know what the installers do testing wise in Pennsylvania but in NY they make sure the speed is there before they leave your residence.

many times if the speeds are not at minimum they notify their office and your provision speed is then fixed.

the only speed test is from Verizon’s site here. https://www.verizon.com/SpeedTest/instantinternet.aspx

Test it and see. 60 megabytes is no where near 1024/1024 or Verizon’s 940/880 up to listed speeds.

0 Likes
harley8004
Enthusiast - Level 3

@Joe_Broadband wrote:

I have had Fios Quantum service for 2.5 months.  I am greatly disappointed in it so far.  I have a pc connected directly to the Fios router and I am getting slower internet than my former Optimum 50mb plan.  I've tried all the recommended adjustments.  Nothing is helping so far.  As for the WiFi, its VERY poor.  The signal is far weaker than my old Optimum router, which was 3 years old.  The technician who installed my setup, did an Excellent job.  Clean wiring and he really took the time to set it up right.  However, its just not nearly as advertised.  The Fios speedtest from the router shows 800-900 for both up and down.  This seems like a false reading though as NOTHING seems any faster than my old setup.  Directly connected devices have topped out at about 90mb.  Nothing seems very fast, yet this is supposed to be at least 20 times faster than previous setup.  I'll call Fios back for help, but if this is the best, I may go back. (even though I disliked Optimum).

Try changing your ethernet cables to cat-6, if you haven't done so. may help.

0 Likes
emilkostov

Most likely the tech who installed your FiOS service penetrated the fiber cable(and never perform the test) with those stupid gardner bender cable staples and I guaranted you, that's what weakens your speed. 

0 Likes