Re: Gigabit Internet Plan may be marketing fraud
revisionfour
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't know what information you claim to be getting online about me but trust me, I am a very accomplished programmer, entrepreneur and businessman. We don't need to get into my credentials but we can if you would like.

Look, you've made at this point over 579 posts since October 18. Thats 2.218 posts a day over the course of 261 days. You say you don't work for Verizon but ... you literally do work for Verizon whether you are a paid employee or just a super fan boy retired person.

I know my **bleep** and I know when I'm being lied to and I'm being lied to. I'm not getting Gigabit until late 2018, they should just tell me that and stop **bleep** me that I can get it where I am. They stopped investing in Fios and Fios connections and want to move to 5G delivery which is much cheaper for them and they can charge less for the service.

The only reason Verizon is even moving their **bleep** now is because Google Fiber got in the game and forced them to. There needs to be competition in the ISP game for everyone to benefit. Keep in mind, its not just Verizon **bleep**, Comcast is **bleep** with their claims of a 10 Gigabit fictional connection. So its industry standard for the most part to tell tall tales to customers to make them believe you have faster connections then you really do.

My father did all the things you talked about and more. Hes worked for the intelligence community for over 30 years and he lays more fiber for the government than you could imagine. I've had a computer in my bedroom ever since I can remeber. My first computer was a 486.

You may be older than me but that does not mean you know more about technology than I do. You may know computer history a little more intimately because you've lived longer but when it comes to the now, your hay days are my current days. I could tell you just about everything about 5G, the players, who has bought what spectrum, the rollout dates, the throuhput, legislation for micro cell towers, succesful proof of conceprets, etc etc etc. Verizon looks very promizing, even stating its move to NG-PON2 which will allow speeds up to 40Gbps. But we live in the now and with the information that is out there and I can get access to, with all the Verizon people I have talked to, I'm not getting Gigabit until I get it over 5G and thats late 2018.

So I need to make other plans which really sucks because this screws up my launch date. I work with machine learning and I need massive amounts of data to put together a dataset for the public that I can make accessible with a mobile app. I'm installing 160 Terabytes with the ability to go up to 400 Terabytes with my NAS. 300/300 is not really going to cut it. My 42U arrives July 11, thats in 5 days.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Your Network Attached Storage is basically for your clients use. Again it has nothing to do with the here and now. 

Your claims of fraud have been debunked. 

Your service level can be upgraded but you don't want the higher costs which is understandable for a 500/500 point.

however because a certain level of service is not available at the moment does not mean it will not be available in the future. I would have no way of knowing.

what type of programmer you are is not my concern. And because my technology was different in my heyday does not mean I cannot use today's technology.

your father strung cables where I strung phone wires (copper) and that also has no bearing on how you came here not asking for assistance but using accusations and then asking for proof. That is not a way to ask for help for people who like helping others.

and I am no fanboy as you again assume. I did not resort to cursing to try and get a point across. You Resort to that language you lost all credibility.

Your question has been answered there can be no other.

0 Likes
revisionfour
Enthusiast - Level 2

Apparently you can't say {word filter avoidance}, hardly a curse, just a way to express myself intensely. But you seem to know a little about the engineering side of things, engineers get dates from project managers. There seems to be little to no details from project managers when rollout of this Gigabit plan is suppose to occur. It is really just poor to market this plan, have an incompetent website to sell it where you can't even select it and then be unable to offer customers details about it who inquire.

BTW, I gave you my speed test over a wireless connection from a 2012 Macbook with a Wireless N card. If I use my Thunderbolt hub and connect wired, I can get a speed test better than what your current speed test is showing. If you are only getting that and once got that other speed on 4/28, its not even worth all this hassle. If you're sharing a connection and slowing down that much, its sounding to me like its similiar to how a Comcast connection is. I knew this Gigabit connection was too good to be true and I let myself get my hopes up.

I'll figure out another way to do what I need to do. I always do. Whats always most important in life is getting down to the truth. If I'm operating on reality, I can move most effectively instead of moving off untruths or to be generous, huge stretching of the truth.

If this package is real which Im still not fully convinced it is, they should be upfront with the areas that can get it on the front page. Theres just a lot of deception going on with how things have been done. You might want to deny this but its true.

I came in guns blazing because I read an article yesterday about this package and I just know what it said wasn't true. It makes me angry that Verizon tells me they are going to get back to me and they put a ticket in and they just did that to get me off the phone. Its not real. I can't stand liars especially when it comes to technology.

Keep in mind, there are many cases about Verizon lying about its services. Verizon put out marketing stating the Google Pixel Phone was Verizon only.

http://www.droid-life.com/2016/10/06/reminder-googles-pixel-phones-arent-verizon/

I use my Pixel XL on Project Fi. I saw these ads and it really boiled my blood. The average person will be fooled by tech companies but not the pro users. This Gigabit package is just another example of I'm not getting fooled.

0 Likes
revisionfour
Enthusiast - Level 2

Lets just put a nail in my coffin and we can let it drop. Take a screenshot of your online account saying that you have this package. I don't need to see any of your PII. Just post that, you should be able to access that from My Verizon. Thats all you would have to do. You said you got this service by selecting it through your online account. Post a screenshot.

Btw, if you see how I've been linking pictures, I use rackspace cloud storage and then use bit.ly to shorten the links to those files. Real nice easy way to share anything. You seem like a decent guy who knows some, you need to be able to link information if you have information worth sharing. You can also use Google Compute and Amazon S3 and theres other options.

Please share that and put a nail in my coffin, you can say yay I got the stupid young kid, I'm 32 and I can say thank you sir and I will mark your response as saying that it answered my question. Lets just do that and call it a day.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend
0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

FiOS and Google Fiber don't compete. What forced Verizon is the threat that companies like Comcast have placed. They have a new tool to play with - DOCSIS 3.1. DOCSIS 3.1 allows Gigabit+ service to be provided over the traditional Cable network with Node+0 (Node + 0 amps) upgrades. Trivial work for the cable companies.

Now that's not necessarily the scary part, since the offered upload with Gigabit Cable is something like 50Mbps on just D3.1. But, once D3.1 Full Duplex rolls around, Cable service will be fully capable of going symmetrical just like FiOS.

That there, is the real threat. And it will all but shut down Verizon's DSL and wireless holdings in the competitive scene. There is very little chance that Verizon can even compete with that, without having Fiber in the ground. Knowing how Verizon's been behaving in the past few years, I am probably going to get stuck with the Wireless junk as well.

Now the reason why Verizon can't give everyone Gigabit in the first place, is because they need to move the OLTs to 10-Gig Links, and GWRs need to be upgraded to Juniper MX960 from the old Juniper E6000s. Additionally CO-to-POP links need to be groomed, bundled, and tested at 10-Gig link rates.

Rony_Gonzalez

I think you dont understand the issue here. When you do an speedtest through Verizon.com/speedtest you are not testing your internet speed, you are testing the connection from your Home Router to the Verizon nearest server and therefore your speed results are higher. However, people like us that work in IT uses sites like speedtest.net or speakeasy.net to test our Internet Speed connection and that's what tells you the real speed you have to the Internet.

Just my two cents.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@Rony_Gonzalez wrote:

I think you dont understand the issue here. When you do an speedtest through Verizon.com/speedtest you are not testing your internet speed, you are testing the connection from your Home Router to the Verizon nearest server and therefore your speed results are higher. However, people like us that work in IT uses sites like speedtest.net or speakeasy.net to test our Internet Speed connection and that's what tells you the real speed you have to the Internet.

Just my two cents.

And you would be correct in that analogy. But if you work in IT you then know that even speedtest.net and speakeasy.net cannot correctly measure gigabyte speeds.

i believe beta.speedtest.net is testing that capability.

verizon only accepts speeds from their proprietary server to your home router as the official listed speeds. They accept no other as I mentioned in my reply to your other post.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Using Verizon speed test site tests your access speed.

which is what you are actually buying.

Verizon can't control speed of sites across the internet.

no provider will guarantee anything other that the speed of your access.

0 Likes